Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
fiddling for worms works, and there are many methods and names for it.I prefer hard wood Sticks about 1 inch or so in diameter. With notches cut in one and the other placed in the ground. The notched piece is sawed across the piece in the ground. Broken shovel, rake or other garden and yard hand powered implements make great worm sawing instruments.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Worms can be shocked up as well. Used to have an old telephone crank generator and we would fasten each of the output wires to a 3 foor piece of reinforceing rod and push them in the ground about 2 or 3 foot apart. Give the crank a few spins and the worms would start popping up. Don't touch the ground between the rods while someone is crankin' !!!! Learned THAT the hard way.... ZAPPPPP !!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
fiddling for worms works, and there are many methods and names for it.I prefer hard wood Sticks about 1 inch or so in diameter. With notches cut in one and the other placed in the ground. The notched piece is sawed across the piece in the ground. Broken shovel, rake or other garden and yard hand powered implements make great worm sawing instruments.
nice blue:wink:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Worms can be shocked up as well. Used to have an old telephone crank generator and we would fasten each of the output wires to a 3 foor piece of reinforceing rod and push them in the ground about 2 or 3 foot apart. Give the crank a few spins and the worms would start popping up. Don't touch the ground between the rods while someone is crankin' !!!! Learned THAT the hard way.... ZAPPPPP !!!
that is cool looking:big_smile:

·
Registered
527 Posts
We,ve did the same thing with a metal rod and an electric cord. Stripp the hot wire down and attach it only to the rod drove in the ground. Be careful though. Don't touch it at all while it's plugged in.

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Is that the same as "Gruntin for worms". I hear that Sopchoppy, Florida has a Festival each year doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNv6ZrC5mg
I wnt to the one in Carrieville Fla. a couple of years ago.
I only about a couple of hours from wher I live.

They had the fiddling concest at about 11 am took them about 20 minutes.
Had food booths and other stuff there.
First time for me to see someone fiddling for worms.

They have it every year about the same time.

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Can u still get the telepone crank generators ?
Does this hurt the worms for fishing?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Don't store the telephone crank generator in your truck or boat and go to the lake or river with it. Because the game warden will fine you for telephoning fish. It can be used for shocking fish and thats a big no no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No time better than right now to say howdy folks , glad to be here amongst the group.
Down here in southwest arkansas it's not a price or buy thing for night crawlers, redworms, and milk worms; most times they abound and are here for the pickins . I suppose buyin the little critters is ok when one has to .
I'm discovering this new to me thing about colored worms; made me chuckle bigtime thinking they must have been from the Pine Bluff arsenal waste dump or something glowing green like that !
Anyhow, I'd appreciate a note or three from anyone who uses cheeze bait ;
Thanks
Joe Chaney

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.