Fiddle worms - Need some help finding some??

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by BAMA_CAT, May 30, 2007.

1. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Where can i get Fiddle worms????? Anyone know??? The place that i use to get them has houses all over it now THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!

2. HeartofDixie

HeartofDixie New Member

State:
    Blountsville, Alabama
    The little bait shop across the causeway on 69 in Guntersville there by the beer store sometimes carries them, but you gotta get them quick because they sell out fast.

My wife and I hit the woods this past weekend to try and fiddle some up. We ended up with nothing though. I think the ground is too dry right now and them worms are deep.

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Yep,
    Ground is too dry, they're deep right now.
    Check out Buster's on Governors Drive in Huntsville if you're ever by there. They sometimes have them.

Try fiddling them up on the island (goat island?) at Honeycomb. I haven't done it but saw lots of sign that some one has last winter when scouting around.

Where are you guys from? You location only says Alabama, where in AL?

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I live in Boaz but my wife works in Huntsville so thanks and maybe we can get out on the water together sometime!!!!!

5. mwallace61

mwallace61 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Alabama
    Not sure if they still do, but I think Keller shell on 431 has them. Also, Gander mtn might have them. If Gander does, and if you are fishin' below the damn, I'd be happy to pick them up for you on the weekends we are both fishing and meet you somewhere along the river.

Mike

6. 32Hotel

32Hotel New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Buster's has fiddle worms. 537 1564

7. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    THANKS GUYS! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!! man i love this place!!!!!

8. HeartofDixie

HeartofDixie New Member

State:
    Blountsville, Alabama

I live in Friday's Crossing....Between Oneonta, and Snead. But I have a Blountsville address.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    not to sound like a dummy , what are fiddle worms ?
    iv heard of
    earth worms
    night crawlers
    green worms
    grub worms

10. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
  11. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ka,

I was just about to ask the same thing myself.

12. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    I was about 7 the first time my grandad took me to fiddle for worms,,I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. He took the chainsaw and cut down a small pinetree, layed the bar of the saw on top and wound out the motor,,before long the ground was moving like it had come alive,,we tore the cats up that night.

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky

14. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Since we are looking for worms.............................I thot I would bring up my need for Catalpa worms once again. I would love to get them started on my trees here in Missouri. When I was a boy growing up in Alabama we had them on trees in the backyard every summer. Does anyone out there have access to some and would you send me a few dozen so I can salt my trees with them? I will pay of course. PM me and let me know.

Thanks.

Bob

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Man thats to cool thanks guys! I found a couple ways to do something similar to get worms. We collect wallnuts here in ohio and remove the huals. We soak them in water to help them come off easy. Take the water from the huals soaking, pour it on the ground and wamo the worms run outa there. I think from the acid in the nut. Wash them off and put them in your worm beding. It also works when we backflush our pool pump. the clorine water brings them flying out but rinse them off or they will die.

16. rolltidematt

rolltidematt New Member

State:
    Arab, Alabama
    i have catalpa worms every year, just msg me if u still want some! not sure if ur still on this site or not LOL

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    You do realize this thread is 8 years old? lol