Fiberglass boat flooring

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by dcaruthers, Jun 25, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a 93 Skeeter that I'm setting up for catfishing. The carpet is coming up and I was thinking about putting a ruber coating on the floor instead of replacing the carpet. Something like the spray-on liners for truck beds. Any ideas or experience you all have would be a big help.

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Spoke with a local shop owner here in Tennesse about that same thing. Apparently has done this to a few boats. I know if and when my carpet wears out, this is my choice. He priced aroud 400 for the entire boat. Not bad for something that will never wear out or need replacement. Not to mention ease of cleaning.

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the reply. We have a local shop that sprays on bedliners. I think I am going to go by tomorrow and see how much they will charge me to spray the boat if I get it ready. I don't think I would need it as thick as they put in truck beds. Also, I want light grey instead of black...don't think I would like the heat associated with black rubber. I'll do some before and after if that is the route I go with.

4. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I thought about doing the same thing to my Bumble Bee when I carpeted it last year but decided againt it. A friend of mine has that stuff in his boat, it does make cleanup a lot easier but the ony thing I disliked about it was everything slid around on the floor of the boat a lot while traveling. I usually carry two coolers a few tackle bags and sometimes a baitwell. Carpet seems to hold things in place better than that liner stuff from what I have seen. To each their own though.

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The liner in my truck is non-slip - even when wet. What kind of liner did your friend use?

6. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I'm not real sure, the only things that slid around were hard bottomed objects like coolers, tackle boxes and buckets. I never had any problem when walking around even if the floor was wet and we were in rough water.