few pictures from limblining

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, Sep 22, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    heres some pictures of some nice fish we caught running lines on the arkansas river. and please if your gonna diss on us limbliners dont even post. i dont talk down on no ones style of fishing, so please dont talk down on mine. 16lb flathead caught on live gill in a old car body and some other channel cats we caught

Attached Files:

2. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    heres a few more, had an 11 pound flathead too. first 2 are the 11 pounder and the last one is my cousin with the 16lber. he had to have his pic online lol. the second night we caught that 11 pounder we had about 5 or 6 more good channel cat that got off the stringer. we left it in the current...bad idea lol

Attached Files:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You might be a redneck!! LMAO Thanks for the pics!!

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looks to me like the limbs did a lot of bouncing on that day. man my mom wouldve beat my head in had i ever put catfish in her bathtub! i did however use their pool one year as a huge bait tank when they decided to not take care of it one year. :smile2:

5. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Donnie, I love it. I limb line. Jug line, and tight line. My favorite is to run the river and limb line. You have some nice ones there. I know you had a good time doing it too. :big_smile:

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for sharing. I sure as heck aint gonna talk down on it. I love it.

7. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yea thats at my great uncles house. we didnt feel like cleaning them right away so we threw em in the tub. its well water so it didnt hurt em none. sure was a fun night running the lines too.

8. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    come on now bluejay! well ill finish it for you! donnie wont care he knows hes a redneck!

if you got catfish in your bath tub ! you might be a red neck!

nice job hardrock ! how many lines did you have out?

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Donnie don't you know you are never going to get a girl to stay the night if you are keeping the next nights supper in the tub.:smile2:

PS. Nice catch looks like you found a spot to go back and toss the poles out.

10. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I've been thinking about trying some limblining. Can you tell me the techniques and equipment used? Thanks in advanced

11. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    hey steve there was 3 of us each night, and each is allwed 8 lines. i believe we had around 18 out each night though. i think we set 9 up river from us and 9 downriver. we caught both flatheads up river is nice holes around 3.5 foot deep and most of the channels down river. had some nice bullheads that were broken off too, but that was our fault on faulty lines.

12. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Donnie, it looks like you were in your element for once:wink:!

13. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well the way we set up limblines/banklines whatever you wanna call it is first we take around 2 foot of limbline string is what i call it. you can buy it at local wall mart or whatever, its white string with anywheres from 150lb breaking strenght up to around 500 i beleive. anyway we take about 2 foot of that, tie it to one end of bunjee cord or bunjee string i think its called, that elastic rope stuff you can buy an hardware stores is where i get mine. anyway after you tie one end to the bunjee cord you tie another piece of the bankline string, depending on how deep you want your bait. we usually make it another 2.5-3 foot. we tie on a small weight usually 1-1.5 ounces and we tie it where it cant slide down but is still around 8-10'' from the hook. the hook we use most often is 4/0 true turn hooks. they work great and hooked that 16lber just fine even with a 6'' gill on for bait. the point of the bunjee cord is so the fish does not have a solid pull, the bunjee gives much like a fishing rod therefore tiring the fish out, and giving the fish less chance of bending your hook or breaking your line. ill try to get some pics up on my day off of our setups. also you might wanna check your local regs. on your limblines and bait and whatnot. hope this helps :big_smile:

14. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    oh and i forgot to mention, with the bunjee cords, it allows you to tie onto something solid and still have a good chance of still having the fish on because of the stretch of the cord. i always try to tie onto a tree limb or willow limb just gor the extra give, but not a must with the bunjee cords. just find an old log jam or rock pile and put on a nice gill and wait for the fish!

15. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    haha yea, i guess its like the old saying goes, even the sun shines on a dogs @$$ every now and then:wink::smile2:

16. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    shoot, what the girl dont know wont hurt her lol. yea we almost went down there the other night but the river came up. its was just a trickle the 2 nights we caught these, but we found holes and i guess there was fish in em

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    get a haircut ya little _____head !! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

good work though.

18. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Nice catch Donnie!!!!! Thanks for pics.....

19. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I see a fry coming :big_smile:
    Great catch

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i hope Donnie aint cookin !! :smile2::smile2: