Ferguson Landing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by scwolf, Apr 7, 2007.

1. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can anyone tell me if Ferguson's Landing is big enough to launch an 18ft pontoon? I'm thinking about launching there tonight but have never seen the landing. I want to fish the brickyard area and looking at the map this landing looks to be the the best choice to stay out of the wind some.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Robbie, I wouldn't recommend it for a large boat. You have to travel down a long dirt road almost 2 miles just to get there from Eutaw Springs, and the landing isn't very good. I'm sure you could launch from there with the water high like it is right now, but I would probably choose someplace like Rock's Pond, or one of the landings in Eutaw Springs.

3. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Tommy,

I've fished out of rocks a couple of times. I may try eutaw springs landings, I'm a little leary heading out of the shallows in the middle of the night in waters I don't know. Leaving out in a little while, they are calling for the winds to die down after mid-nite.

Have you heard anybody catching them around arrowhead landing up in the canal? Thought about maybe fishing there, always calm water there if they are not moving to much water.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I sent you a pm, Robbie. Good Luck!:smile2: