Fenwick Seahawk Fishing Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 13, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to the local tackle shop today at lunch to buy some line. I saw a rod that I really fell in love with. It was a Fenwick Seahawk. 15-50# line, 1-6oz weight, one piece, 6'6,foam handles...but it wasnt regular foam. If I wasnt almost broke & really needed a rod, I would have bought it. It was $39.99. I am sitting here thinking how nice it felt. I am sitting here at work couting how many reels I have. I have 13 Abu's that I can count, including the one I have in layaway, but can only account for 12 rods......... Hmmmm

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol, man you dont need any more stuff! put that money aside and save up for a small jon boat or a canoe.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Sounds like it would make a great boat rod.;)

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I couldnt get it right now if I really wanted it, but its something I'm going to be keeping in the back of my mind.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Good luck gettin it Bryan, I know what that feels like..as Clinton says.."I feel your pain" :crying: OMG...I can't believe I quoated anything he said!:eek:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brayn Buddy, will you ever have enough???:D I am done buying tackle for along time...I have 10 baitcasters with rods..I have 8 baitrunner spinning reels with rods..I have 3 Lite weight spinning reels with rods...Get that fridge and couch:D

7. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    those are nice rods man. We use them alot out here and they are very durable and well worth that price.

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    What:eek: Where?
    I have a 7' Md/Hvy Fenwick Sea Hawk Off Shore with a foam rubber
    Double Handle, # SO 270C-7'0"-1/2-3oz. Lure-12-30 lb.Line.

It cost me 179.00 bucks 9 years ago. The butt of the rod rests good on the waist and the tip is very forgiving, letting you reel in the Big fish with little effort.Great Rod.

Where did you see them at?. I would like to see them for that price,I need a couple more good rods;) .

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just did a search in Google & found them in the $40-59 range. These must be different than they were 9 years ago.

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Bro they have to be. I wish I had a picture to post of the one I have, just so you could see it. I have a freind with a digital camera, I'll get a shot of it and post it for you.

I'm going to google for it and check out what you was seeing for that price.
    I'm sure you would be very pleased with this rod if you bought one. If you hook up a 40# fish. just hold the upper handle , set the butt at rest and crank. not much pulling and tuging at all.Great rod.
    I hope you get yourself one for that new reel;)

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    bro, I went to Fenwick's site,http://www.fenwickfishing.com/custo...keting_product_line_key=Saltwater Rods&cm=336

Man they show alot of good rods, but they didn't show the 1pc 7' OffShore I have so I Emailed them , asking where I could find one or do they still make that Model # I have.
    they have some nice rods though, I'm looking very hard at the 9' 2pc MH.SeaHawk,
    Waiting on some info on the other first. Bro, they got some real good prices on them too,

Good Luck in finding the rod you need for the reel .

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    There is one good thing about buying a new fridge, assuming the old one still works---the old one makes a great bait fridge.

Personally, if I were going to spend $40 on a rod, it would be a Quantum Big Cat. I've got one, and it's my favorite rod. I'd like to have 6 or 8 more of them.