fenders..

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by redneckchevychick, Jun 2, 2009.

1. redneckchevychick

redneckchevychick New Member

State:
    ohio
    Is there a CHEEP place or website i can find fenders rockers cab corners and more for a chevy k 10 1985 i need cheep stuff the cheepest i found was 100 bucks a peice for fenders:sad2:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Sarah. Have you tried J.C.Whitney?

3. redneckchevychick

State:
    ohio
    we dont have one around here and dad said they are some times to small or to big and they are expensiver than smetzers haha

4. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
  5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    be careful of cheap japan fenders, Ive installed plenty, and 9 out 0f ten need to be adjusted to the point of added body work, sometimes it is cheaper to get the real thing and bolt on or weld on in the case of rockers and be done, but once in a while youll get one thats not too bad. there are a few restoration places on line that you could research. or look for old stock some where, I found taillight assembly for a 1965 pontiac lemans new in the package at the dealer on line, it was sitting on the shelf for years. Ask your chevy parts man to do a search nation wide. hope this helps. goodluck

6. redneckchevychick

State:
    ohio
    okay sweet thanks :big_smile: this is my first truck and i want to make it really nice right now its a rust bucket and i need doors and mirrors bed sides rocker pannels cab corners fenders and a grill for now:big_smile_2:

7. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    he 100% right on that one most of the time the cheap body panels just aint right. but trying to find maid in the usa ones aint gonna be easy or cheap.

8. redneckchevychick

State:
    ohio
    okay thanks :) do you know how to find out where swap meats are

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Sarah check racingjunk.com a lot of times u can find parts here or links to other parts suppliers ,i might be wrong but i don,t think u will find any cheaper ,also a lot of the after market parts don,t fit rite

WELCOME TO THE BOC YOUNG LADY ,as far as swap meets check with your local car clubs ,they might be able to help u

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    if you want to spend a little time searching go to www.car-part.com, you can search by year make and model for used or sometimes new parts, can look by state and almost all have toll free numbers, i have found many parts for older cars, is a national site for salvage yards and such, hope this helps

12. redneckchevychick

State:
    ohio
    thank you guys so much :roll_eyes:

this is my dream truck and its finaly happaning

13. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Im not telling anyone what to do ,but if I were restoring a truck to keep I would buy original equipment, for sure. look for some chevy or chevy truck web sites and look until you get good ones. occasionally you can find used ones in real good shape, dont settle for second best unless you cant find the good ones.That is only my opinion, Im not a know it all or anything, Ive restored cars since late 70 s, and thats what Ive experienced. if you are going to sell it then you can give a little.

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    had good luck with LMC