Fellow NE BOC'ers, Come SOUTH for the winter

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by rush_60, Oct 17, 2008.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    We're having a Winter Gathering in KS, Milford Lake, Oct 24-26. Any of you nebraska boys (and girls) are more than welcome to travel south for some fish'n and BS'n. Check it out http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93004
    I'll be travling across KS on hwy 36 west to marysville. Anyone that wants to carpool is welcome to ride with me if you can make it to hwy 36. I should have some room for your gear. I can only take one or two people so dont wait. Hurry up and PM me.:big_smile:

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    it's not but 3 hours from me we will see:wink:

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Its about 3 hours for me too. Hope to see you there.

4. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

Hey I was wondering about the cost of a Kansas fishing license??? Does anybody know how much they are??? And is this a state park that would require a permit??? If so how much do they cost??? Thanks

5. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Non resident 24 hr is $5.50. Non resident 5 day is $22.50. three pole permit is 6.50. Camping is free, no permits required. Camping is primitive, but one of our members lives nearby and will be supplying water to whoever needs it.

6. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dont like water how bout BEER !!! ?? Would like to come down Casey but cant this time Have fun !! :smile2::cool2:

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    How ya been Vic? We havent seen ya in awhile. Hope all is well!

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Howdy Kyle Doin ok just cant get on only at work my computer is down for a while at home got to watch out for the boss !! All ok Ill get on more when my computer is up and going again But I always check on everyone atwork just hard to reply have a good one :smile2::cool2::cool2:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sounds like a great time Casey. Thanks for the invite, but I'm pretty tied up this weekend. Opening day of Pheasant season starts Saturday and I'm deer hunting on Sunday. Keep us posted on how the fishing does and I hope everybody has a great time!!! You Kansas fisherman are more than welcome to travel North to Nebraska and fish!! Might have to wait until next spring.LOL!:smile2: It's colder than crap now. Feels like winter is on its' way!:angry::sad2: Bite my tongue!!:roll_eyes:

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    You guys just need to have more gatherings. I wanted to come to the last one you had but had too much going on that weekend.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    there's always next year!!! :wink:

12. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hope we can get more people next year !!! maybe have two good luck hunting Mark I will be cutting and splitting wood this weekend if the water hasnt washed it away !!!:smile2::smile2:

13. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Wish you guys could have made it. we had a good time and other than being windy on saterday afternoon, the weather was perfect.

14. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    how was the fishin'

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
  16. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah, i went and looked... looks like you guys had a good time. how was the weather?

17. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Clear skys, mid 60's during the day and upper 30's at night. It was a little windy on saterday but the wind died out about an hour before sunset and the water was as smooth as glass. Great sunsets and lots of star gazing. We had a good time.