Fellow juggers............

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Sunday Money, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I was just curious as to how other fisherman reacted to talking to you guys in your home state chat rooms. I'm from North Carolina and the strictly rod and reel guys just absolutely seem to hate juggers. I understand one mans mess, or jugs left out unattended could leave a bad taste in a persons mouth, but these guys are trying their best to ban jugging all together in our lakes. I was wondering if the rod and reel boys from yalls home towns were as brutal as they are around here. I hate seeing one fisherman trying to run another fellow fisherman off the water because he doesnt agree with his technique. All you limbliners and noodlers feel free to chime in too.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    NOPE. WE ALL CO EXIST HERE JUST FINE.

i am glad i dont live there. i visited you section a few times. and i have to say i dont feel welcome nore feel the need to try and be. in this section were all brothers.

hell in the past few months here ive been called worse than a jugger in many threads and even peta recently. ok i did ask for that one lol.

3. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina

Yea everybody is cool in this forum it seems like. I dont even like showing pictures or talking about anything i catch over in the North Carolina room because then they just start in on ya about ruining their trophy fisheries and all this mess. I wanna catch big fish as much as anybody, but im not scared to throw a smaller one back in a pan of grease either, if ya know what i mean. Well, ill jug till they shut me down here in good ol NC, then it'll be up to one of you boys to lemme know where i need to head from there. Tight lines to all.

4. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    round here not many rod n reel fishermen fish that much mostly liners an netters i run lines time to time but its more fun catching on rod n reel but i do both nets i dont agree with but its there right to do so so everyone to there own way i look at it somebody dont like what i do an my methods they can kiss my a$$

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you and your jugs will be welcome here. hell i show ya the spots. im not greedy. its OUR recource. ill share. if you get the big one. congrats. but ill still try and out do ya ,lol.

if you ruin my fishery ill find another. thats life in the world today. and im doughting that will happen anyway.:wink:

wish my boat was ready. just didnt want to pend all the $ to get her re registered and fixed this year with work slow. freezor is almost void of catfish this year. but look at the good side. all the ones i would have kept are breeding:big_smile: or being caught by someone else:angry: lol

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    in all states forums there are some that think our sport isnt a sport and think we all kill big fish and to try to tell them different is just like trying to tell a white man he is black

well as for me and my little town there are hardly any rod and reel guys and most just set lines or trotlines and in my home town its accepted as the norm

on the other hand the laws say no jugs in kansas if not tied down to something so cant say anything on that

but if its legal in your waters then i will not judge
    i do practice selective harvest because i do believe the big ones need to breed but as far as tasting bad either people dont know how to clean them or something because we have ate big fish all my life till here in the past 3 yrs and never new the difference

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot gus. i be be happy with being called black green orange compared to what some have called me in the past month. but thats fine too. i can selectively harvest who i chat with here that way.:wink:

8. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    it burns my rear when they rain on a juggin parade. let me see one bounce and I'll show you a happy man.

they can get over it for all I care........ I do agree with takin care of the waters, and pickin up your mess, and throwing big daddy back. (cause I heard he was way to hard to get into a ziplock bag! amen bro) but I sure don't need another fisherman tellin me the way I do it ain't right............when I know it's legal. that burns me up.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've only had trouble with one person about my jugging. He was a commercial fisherman who felt that he owned the river, and anyone else fishing on it was there needed his permission. When I explained to him that if he kept cutting up my jugs the same thing was going to happen to his nets, he threatened to shoot me. All problems ceased when he saw me loading one of my deer rifles into my boat a few days later.
    To give you an idea how stupid this guy was, he called the Fish & Game and county sheriff on me, then started badmouthing them. They told me I could leave, and started in on him like stink on dog poop. Last I heard, he was in prison.

10. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I popped my head in here because of the NC fight.

there also was a rough thread in the Arizona forum.

I will probably never jug. I live in PA (where its illegal), can't afford vacations and don't think I'll move out of state.

but I don't understand opposition to jugging. any more than a dozen or so, looks impractical. So you've got a dozen hooks out there. you can have just as many rod/reels in most states, right?

so how do so many anglers figure juggers have an unfair advantage???

I think its unfortunate that I will never jug. Personally, it looks fun. instead of the massive fight you get the big flight. chasing down a heavyweight cat on a jug; looks as dizzying as beagle trying to chase down on a hare. I bet its loads of fun in a little boat or canoe.

if PA ever wanted to know I'd be the first to speak up for it. but with SO many negative opinions on the BOC and elsewhere; I guess it'll never happen here.

Many of the ones on this thread are some of the BOC's finest and bravest. Expressing the popular majority opinion doesn't always make it the only 'RIGHT' choice. We as fishermen (not just catters) are Way to decisive. There should be a respectful sense of brotherhood throughout the forum, that applies to those that fish paylakes, those that jug, those that do trotlines, those that eat big catfish

but unfortunately there isn't. I admire the stands you guys have taken on these issues.

keep up the good work, show no fear when you someone goes negative on you in your states forum or elsewhere....

and should I new guy come in town on vacation curious about what its like to jug.... Consider inviting him along:smile2::smile2::smile2:

PS. I have a sister that lives in NC... so you never know

11. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    After reading a thread yesterday where a CPR'er told jeremy he hadn't seen any posts calling him stupid (paraphrasing... can't remember the exact exchange) I ran a couple of queries for "stupid", "idiot", etc. just for curiosities sake. Ran across your NC thread way up in the top of the returns. Sounds like yall have a lot of folks bent on causing trouble for ya. To answer your question though... Haven't seen anything near like that in the TX forum. Not that I can recall anyways.

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I jug some what I take doesn't cause the damage that the asian carp will for years to come . They eat all the plankton ! Might as well be a freshwater whale !:angry: ten tears down the road smaller ones mat be slim pickens . Kill all them asian carp and we will still have plenty of cats for all .:big_smile:

13. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Most of the people in my area grew up using trotlines, jugs, or limblines or have family that did.

14. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Sounds like you need to move to Louisiana!:wink: No problem with anyone badmouthin' your methods here! We catch fish to eat. They are a renewable resource. Catch them anyway you can!

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Most the people I know fish with juggs, trotline, set hooks, if it's legal, we use it. Every now and then I run across some guy that thinks all that is wrong, they can think what they want, I can't help it if they are wrong.lol

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i never see that on the tx forum that i can remember. with all due respect, though, i don't give a $4!t what anyone thinks. there's a lot of folks i like and a lot of folks that like me, seems like enough to me to not worry about what the rest think!

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You don't have to be from Louisiana to talk on our threads and we welcome juggers,limbliners and trotliners.And you sure don't have to be from Louisiana to be a redneck.Come join us,of course we BS as much as we talk about fishing.If you don't do any of the three, you don't need to come and visit..:wink:

18. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    You can roll up in the NC chat rooms and just get all worked up and heated at reading them R&R boys posts, then come back here and read around and see where the good ol boys hang out at. I appreciate the hospitality from all around and if yall need anything from the Sunday Money your as good as family in my book.

19. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Hey Sunday Money.... I know you know I'm one of them R&R boys from Rockwell/Gold Hill area. I'm not condeming your method of fishing!! Here it goes BUT......... When I'm fishing and I let a group of people that is jugging know they have a jug going up river with a fish on it and they tell me that is to far to go and it is to late and they don't retrieve it and I have to go get it because I think that is only right and humane. The same group of guys are sitting 50-100 juggs and catching 20-30 fish per night big and small and stacking cooler fulls out on the dock and then trying to give some away to people loading up there boat, and some take it and some don't. Then I witness some of the guys throwing catfish in the weeds and trash can because they don't want them????????? Damn right it make me mad as hell. You my friend may play a fair ball game and follow the laws and regulations and may be the best person in North Carolina. But we have a lot of bad eggs in the chicken coupe around these parts. I will say like I do in every post..... I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT AS LONG AS YOU ARE PLAYING A FAIR GAME. Not saying all the R&R guys play fair either but I feel the same about them R&R bad egss as I do them Jugger bad eggs. Just trying to get my point across about the bad experences I have encountered as a fisherman. By the way I think, I think I have talked to you on Badin one night. I think you was with a party of 3 or 4 adults and a couple of boys one being maybe 12 or 13 and the other being 7 or 9 something like that and two boats????????????? I'm not forsure but just checking but if is was you I think you have to honestly say i was very nice and polite and spoke to you all for 5 or 10 minutes. May not of been you but I thought it was.

20. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina

That wasnt me you saw on Badin Rob. I dont fish that far down the river, my two holes are either High Rock or Lake Norman. I live in the small town of cleveland which is about equal driving distance to both lakes. I ran into a group of boys jugging last night on High Rock, they only had out 15 jugs and they floated with them the whole time and we floated up to them just to ask where they were fishing so we didnt step on anyones toes. I can also assure you that if you roll up to my boat and tell me that i have a jug running up the river with a fish on it then your in danger because im gonna be throwing my boat in gear so quick i might run over you. Thats what im out there for is to catch fish. I dont care if he's drug my jug slam across the lake thatll just excite me that much more anticipating the size of the fish. I fish on a pontoon with a big # 3 earnhardt sticker on the driver side, if ya ever see me on the water your welcome to ride over and hang out with me. I dont have a problem with another fisherman no matter what he fishes for or how he does it. I consider myself a "good egg in the chicken coupe" but none the less i understand there are bad ones around. This is my place to get away from all those up tight R&R boys.