fell asleep on deer trail

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    my step dad can tell this one better than me we were hunting and i picked a spot to sit and nap right on trail not sure if deer came i was ZZZZZZZZZing!lol:smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is sometimes the best technique. Of course it always best when the deer wake you up.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    What hunter hasnt nodded off while deer hunting?

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That's for sure!!!
    We have a friend who was hunting once; fell asleep against the base of a tree. What woke him up was when a doe blew in his face!! He said he's not sure who scared who the most!!! I'd love to have seen that!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Stillhaven't forgotten that chewing out huh Mel.I was in the stand and got to thinking boy he sure is being quite.Look to see where or what he was doing and yep there he was sound asleep laying on the ground.And no, no deer came by.
    Now tell them about the first deer you ever got. That is better yet.:big_smile:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've never fallen asleep deer hunting,I guess cause here in N M we mostly spot and stalk but I have fallen asleep in the goose pit.

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ive thought about napping but never did it haha

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My buddy had the same thing happen years ago. It was him, and another guy he worked night shift with. They were both sitting against the tree facing different directions. The deer sneaked up, sniffed him on the nose, blew, and took off. NEITHER OF THEM WOKE UP! I know it happened because I was sitting on the side of the hill watching the hole thing:smile2:. Sure wish I had a video camer back then. It was the funniest thing I've seen while deer hunting yet!

9. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    You aint supposed to napp while deer hunting. Now when youre shooting coons out of a tree at night a napp is alright.