Feelin Profound. LOL!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 12, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Allrite ya just respooled your reel. Now ya wanna get that line on there real good so it comes off nice and smooth. Try this if ya got a boat. While you are toolin down the river just let your line out the back with a modest sinker attached. Let out a 100 yards or what ever ya feel like. Now here comes the fun part. The person or persons you have on the boat get to reel it back in while you have a smoke and drive the boat. LOL! Gets the line on the reel good and tite and takes the kinks out. Just a suggestion. :wink:

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Heck george put a hook with a fat ol nightcrawler. and tell the guy you sucker into reeling in that your trolling.
    smokey

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Georges new column has been introduced. "Helpful Hints from Hell-oise"

Thanks George. Did that on a Canadian Lake a few years ago and a damb 14 lb Northern about jerked me out the boat. Guanteeee ya that line was wrapped tight when I brought him to the boat. Heheh.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Joicy sheep can crank a reel?
    :smile2:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    HAHA nice one.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Of COURSE. What other sheep would he have in his boat Boots, besides juicy, I mean joicy ones? :big_smile:

Oh, this is an advice thread. I need to get the heck out of here. :smile2:

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Werks fer me just ask Lilly (LOL)

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Or you can do what I do from time to time:wink: Start trolling in deep water for stripers then space out behind the wheel for a few minutes, turn your head around and notice your rod bent into the water with only a few yards left on the reel, then stop the boat and begin to reel :smile2: The key to this method is to snap out of the trance of not catching quick enough to notice that your about to spool your reel:eek:oooh:

9. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    The perpetually flatulent one is correct. I use spinning reels all the time and let the line out behind the boat with nothing on it and in a few min. all the twists and kinks are gone. Reels in straight and tight.