Feeder creek question

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catman529, Nov 2, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The stream I fish has a feeder creek by my spot that is popular for bass fishing. At the mouth it's only 2-3ft deep and fairly clear. The main stream drops off to 4 or so feet (maybe 5 in places). It is just downstream from an 8-foot deep area. The smaller creek doesn't hold many fish when the water is at normal levels. But during the fall when it jumps up several feet, it suddely may become 6 or 7 feet high. That is when bass fishing is better. I was wondering, would the catfishing there be good also? If so then where should I put my bait? Thanks for any help.

tight lines

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Yep, when water rises, the cats will move into the creeks to dine on whatever is coming down stream. With feeder creeks, there's no real science as to where to fish, though I tend to look at them as any creek or river, the deepest areas are going to be outside bends of the creek. That said, with heavy rains, the fish may move into the shallow areas.

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i could not have said any better jerry

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    in late fall the shad and other bait fish move into feeder creeks and a lot of the fish follow. now you can see a lot of shad in mouths of these creeks. although i don't bass fish i see a lot of them fishing there and we are also there fishing for cat. lol boliver