Feds do it again

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Bobpaul, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    As of this past Monday the bottom fishing has been closed completely, from north of Charleston SC to south of Melbourne, FL, 99 to 300' of water, which is where all the bottom fish live. Note that it is only closed to recreational anglers, not commercial
    I think the new administration is deliberately sabatoging the economy. So much for the Right to Fish

This quote is from another site. Just goes to show the sorry attempt at control of our fisheries by the no nothing fed organizations and pita types to screw with us. BTW, when this past Monday is mentioned, it refers to Jan 4th.

How concerned can they be about the Red Snaper and Grouper if they don't close it to commercial fishing.

Reports I get from folks that bottom fished that area is, it's never been better. Personally, I don't fish that far off shore. My fishing is mostly inshore and backwater fishing, seatrout redfish and flounder. I just see this as a stepping stone to what I like to do.

The feds will find a reason to get into fresh water soon enough.

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was neccessary, and if they had a benchmark so they know if its effective. I'm not against conservation, but if they want to make a real difference they oughta close it for commercial fishing. Those in favor of closing areas off the CA coast didn't have a clue about fish numbers, but they were convincing enough to accomplish what they wanted. There is a lot of misinformation out there and lies too. No doubt they will begin closing freshwater areas too. Got to keep the commercial fishermen employed I reckon. What has happened in CA is pretty depressing.

3. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    I cant believe that its recreational. The commercial guys are the most destructive when it comes to fishing.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hang 8 rods off your boat and claim commercial

5. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Is this just a temp ban or a perm ban? Also what is thier reasonings for doing this ban? I know one of my favorite types of fishing here has been banned for a year or two now they say the salmon are depleted blah blah blah. Yet this season they opend it up just to a certian river way up north of me.

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    From what I was told, it was closed to recreational only, but from what I've read lately, it's closed to all.

Conveniently, the Loran-C navigational system, run by the feds, will be shut down also.