February Meeting Recap

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Feb 13, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Carolinas Catfish Club
    February Meeting Update

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that if you missed the February meeting and had hoped to hear Phillip Price you will have the chance again in March. The bad news is that Price was unable to attend due to the unexpected snow that came in with the cold front late Wednesday evening. The rain and thunderstorms that we got was snow up around Marion, NC where Phllip was driving in from, so at the last minute we made the decision to be safe and postpone the discussion.

LakeNormanBlues showed us a great video of the Gander Mountain pro staff fishing on the Red River in Manitoba. There were some amazing 20-30 pound channel cats caught in the river there and it kept the crowd entertained.

Next month Price will speak, and in April we will have a castnet clinic. Several folks will demonstrate their techniques for mastering the castnet. Hopefully we will get LakeNormanBlues to do us a program in May on drifting for summertime catfish, and Mudkip will give us a few secrets in June or July.

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    yeaaa. I mean sorry to hear they postponed it, I'll be there next month for sure. I am up near virgina line. snow was sticking good for awhile. Sorry I missed the movie though. sounds like I need to attend the next couple of meetings. hard to do, I work 4pm til midnight:sad2: but I will be coming:confused2:

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Last night (2-13-08) I had the pleasure of introducing three new members and they were: Jeremy Dowd (gearhead) of China Grove, NC; Lance Muse of Sherrills Ford, NC; and Phil Kerr and Charlotte, NC.

We welcome these fine fishermen to the Carolinas Catfish Club.

Not in attentance, but a new member via the internet is Alexander Fults of Snow Shoe, PA. We welcome you Alex to our fine group of catfisherpersons.

This coming Saturday I will be taking several new members on an educational catfishing trip on Lake Norman. Most likely we will be going over the techniques of drift fishing and if they are not careful, we will do some knot tieing.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...This coming Saturday I will be taking several new members on an educational catfishing trip on Lake Norman..."

LakeNormanBlues I will come up there also and see if I can help out. Maybe if 3-4 of the new members show up we can split them up and give them an on the water seminar. :wink:

5. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, I'm sorry that Mr. Price couldn't make it. It worked out good for me though. I was trying my best to make the meeting last night. However, fatherhood was calling and the wife had to work. I'm going to request my wife to be off on March 12th so I don't miss Mr. Price talk about Mtn. Island Lake. Hope to see everyone there.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I enjoyed it fellows. I cant wait for the meeting where roundhill teaches cast netting and Dieter is going to act like a shad.:smile2: Dieter if roundhill cannot catch you in the net ....i think you need to let everybody in the crowd at least take one shot at catching you. oops.... i left out the good part out. Captain roundhill that is.:wink: Mac pulled off a nice recovery for price last night and i really enjoyed it. It was worth the drive to hear Dieters take on the new regulation proposal. Keep up the good work fellows. Mighty nice of you fellows to take out some new members on the lake.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...I cant wait for the meeting where roundhill teaches cast netting and Dieter is going to act like a shad..."

Can you see us all drunk and in some swimming pool somewhere actually doing that? :tounge_out:

Not a pretty picture.

Anyway...

Tomahawk has volunteered to come demonstrate his net throwing abilities. Anyone that has caught as much bait as him will be an asset to have at the meeting!! :wink:

A man told me Mudkip can throw a net...maybe we will have to lure him in with some chicken wings before the meeting!!

8. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I would like to see the throw net display with you guys .Those weights are going to leave some mark, might even break the skin. :smile2: I sure would'nt want to miss that. I enjoyed last night and cant wait for the seminars to start.I learned some things just from listening to the conversations of all the great fishermen that were present. Best money i've spent on fishing lately .Can't wait till the next meeting .

9. teamhillbilly

teamhillbilly New Member

State:
    nc
    I will be hopefully meeting up with yall when I move down that way!! I will be attend the sem at gander mountain in mooresville this wensday

10. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Glad you are thinking about coming to Gander Mtn. for the seminar. Be sure to introduce yourself to me. Mac