February Fishing!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ok, January is over! Lets post our February fishing reports in this thread! I'm heading out Sat. & Sun. on the hardwater. I hope to be posting a couple good reports! :wink: :big_smile:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm gonna be swingin the bat. In all my life its the one month I have never caught a fish. Gotta do somethin about that. LOL!

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    February is by far my worst and most unproducive month. Come March. this will drastically change.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck to all those venturing out in february. The fishing has slowed to a crawl here in Kentucky:angry:

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Some warmer weather for the weekend. But still not sure if i will go out yet in February. Maybe towards the end of March we will see. This sucks though having to wait...Ehhhh:angry:

6. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Well, Vern (VLParrish) and I went snagging this morning. It was cold and snowing, but we managed to catch our 2 fish limit within two hours. We went Vern's house and he cleaned and cooked some for a tasty lunch, fresh Paddlefish, potatoes, and aspargus. mmmmmm!!! Check out the pics under Member fishing reports... Catch of the day. Thanks again, Vern!..... Dave

7. mrguffy

mrguffy New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Spent a few hours fishing the Yough.(lil Boston) last week, with no luck. I'll be trying Pymatuning next week if the weather breaks a little. Will let you know if anything is going on.
    Good luck & good fishing and remember to leave some for seed.

Bob

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I will be celebrating Groundhog Day out on the ice! :big_smile: While everyone over in Punxy is waiting for Phil to come out of his hole I will be waiting for fish to come out of my ice hole! :cool2: Hey, now that I read what I just wrote that is pretty darn funny! :smile2:

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    GOOD LUCK SCOTT HANG A HAWGGGGGGG:smile2:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks John! I bet there is no ice fishin' going on down there in N. Carolina! :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: I would gladly trade the ice for some of your warm water Catfishin' right about now! :wink:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Fished the hardwater today at Glade Run Lake with 3 of my buddies. We had a banner day! :big_smile: I lost track of the fish total but we put at least 30 Trout on the ice plus several Crappies & Gills and 1 Largemouth Bass. :cool2: It was one of those days the fish were biting steady most of the time we were there. Great way to start off the month of February! Pics attached.

Attached Files:

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH MAGOO! Ya done it again. Outstandin! Thanx for sharein.

13. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Feb. is going to be the month i set my new pb blue..........hopefully.:wink:

14. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Nice job. Congrats to you and your crew. :cool2:

15. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Thats awesome scott!! I am heading down to the river right now to try and get in on the action. My schedule is killing me. All work and no play.

16. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Caught my first Ice cat today. Picture is in the Ohio section.

17. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Scott, Sounds like ya'll had a great day fishing. And by looking at those pictures ya'll put up with cold tempertures catching them. Man it looks cold there. Thanks for sharing!

18. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

I don't know...i used to pull some nice walleyes and trout from the Ice...that was ALLOT of fun...:big_smile:

but it does get cold down here...of course not as cold as PA but our water temps in one of the lakes I fished last weekend was about 39 degrees...

19. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I was out today for a few hour's before the game. It was a slow day, I only got 3 Perch and 1 Trout about 13". The one pirch here was 14" the other was 12. The Trout were just starting to hit when I was leeveing

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Fine looking pair of Perch jigerjim! Thanks for posting the report and pic! :big_smile: I planned on being on the ice this morning but my daughter was sick and I stayed home. :sad2: Its supposed to be warm the next couple days, the ice may be in trouble! :angry: