February 16th, 2008 Fishing Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rspd507, Feb 16, 2008.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Since the weather was really nice today with temperatures in the upper 40's, I decided to introduce my oldest son, Demetrie to winter catfishing. We hit the water today around 1:00 P.M. and headed to the creek in an attempt to catch some fresh shad to go with the frozen skips. After several throws and only getting a few small shad, we decided to use what we had. We fished two eddy holes where the water was slack, the river was still rolling with alot of debris and heavy current. The first hole produced only a couple bites with no takers. The second only produced two small channels, with Demetrie catching his first winter cat, a 4 pound channel. I also landed one that tipped the scales at a whopping 6 pounds..lol Anyway seeing my oldest son catch his first winter cat was worth it's weight in gold. All in all, we were out there and had a great time. Below is a couple pictures of todays catch.

Attached Files:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    that smile says it all.congrats.to you for taking your son.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics Ross! :big_smile: Congrats to your son on landing his 1st winter Cat! :cool2: Those Channels have some real nice color to them!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Outstandin! By golly I think he liked it. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    They look like good fish to me. I wish I could have caught some this weekend.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Channels, Ross.