Feb 8TH Crab Orchard fishing trip

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 187um, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    went fishing at crab today started around 9:45ish till 6:00 p.m. started near the spillway no luck finished at wolf creek and ice conditions are becoming minimal.wolf creek wide open. no fish today but a couple of guys beside us were catching fish about 4-6 pound channels and a few blues on shad. i was using shad as well and nothing apparently there is a channel on wolf creek bout 125 feet from shore. and they weren't using shad the way i had seen before. just the shad hearts threw the rest of the bait away! crazy right? any ways word to those willing it works i had no bites all day then came across these 2 guys and then right before darkness set in bites lightly hit bites but bites didnt land any due to the dark but i just thought i would share the days experience and lesson(if u didnt know like i didnt) goin again next couple days let ya know how it goes.:cool2:

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    the only cure for cabin fever that I know of is to get out do what ya luv. I need to follow suit. Glad you could get out today and good luck the next coupla days. Hope to see some pics of some monsters.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rob its good to hear your out and chasing those cats. It should start picking up soon.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Good luck to you .

5. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    Catfiish will go after shad guts befor they will the rest of a shad so try shad guts the next time you fish.

6. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    187um congats on that stringer of whisker FISH and a BIG OLE shout out to the cat KING of wolf creek YAP-YAP:cool2:

Attached Files:

7. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i do what i can!!:smile2::cool2: and i second the shout to yap yap! the man knows his water! best day i have had in a mighty long time!! and i would like to send out a personal apology to the fish gods i left one behind hope they are feelin merciful and not punish me for the season!!! lol

8. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    a special thanks goes out to tunnel hull for showin me the way of the trot lines and just being a cool guy.....thanks for everything tunnel! ready and willing to go again when you are well if i aint at work!

9. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    THE fish gods are going to go easy on u rob for look what I found in my boat!:smile2:..............already cleaned an put to sleep in the fridge:wink:

Attached Files:

10. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well i guess you saved my skin there reiger! i'll have to re-pay the favor one day.....oh wait i dont have a boat to leave a fish in lol but still thanks at least it didnt go to waste...i am sore bad today! all that fish took its toll

11. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    IF you won't get your casting net stuck !! an try so darn hard not to lose 29.95 you would'nt be so sore:smile2:,,,,,....PS. I learn the same leason I learned last year DONT STEP ON THE ROPE!!!!!!!cause the casting net to rap up under the bridge..thankGOD I took yhe boat!:cool2: