Feb. 7th Wateree Report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt8823, Feb 8, 2008.

1. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Me and my buddy Jacob went fishing yesterday. When we got to my lake house i couldnt get the boat started. Then my frined looked at the key and flipped it over and it turned over. So we hopped in the boat and look off. We were fishing about 50 yards from shore and about 1,000 yards from the state park. We caught 2 large white perch and 2 tiny little catfish. Then my girlfriend called and we talked for a few minutes. and right after i got off the phone soming started messing with my brim head. And then the fight was on. About 15 minutes later i had a nice 22 lbs catfish in the boat. Since we only fished for about an hour and a half i was really pleased with what we caught. My buddy was really excited because the big fish he had ever seen was only 3 lbs.

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like a good trip out Matt! Glad you had fun.

Did y'all get any pics?

3. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah but they are from my camera phone so they arent very good quality.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds fun and I bet your buddy's eyes got big looking at that fish. A #22 is a heck of a fish - great job and thanks for sharing.

-Jim-

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Nice cat. A buddy and I are going Wednesday if the weather isn't bad. I hope he can catch one good fish because he has never been cattin before.

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    congrats on the fish Matt.

7. matt8823

matt8823 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    me and my dad are thinking about going tuesday if the weather will cooperate. i hope it does cause i am readyt to haul in another cat.