Fayetteville Gander Mtn now open

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rzrbk24, May 25, 2007.

1. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Gander Mtn. is now open on Skibo Rd in the old Sam's Club bldg. I was in there today looking around. They sell live eels in case anybody has been looking for some. The grand opening is 1-3 June. I think the sign said the first 100 customers get a free $10 gift card. Tehy also have some upcoming seminars and "meet the pros" events. Just thought I'd let ya'll know

2. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    figures when i leave they would open something like that up

3. alaskanollie

alaskanollie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Special appearance by Capt. Gus of Denver on June 1 (Friday)from 12 to 1 and from 6:30 to 7:30 and on June 2 (Saturday) from 11:30 to 12:30. Capt. Gus will hold three different seminars during the foregoing dates. There will be other Gander Mtn Pro's on hand to greet you. Have fun. Mac (Gander Mtn. Fishing Pro in Mooresville, NC) PS, don't forget to get your 15% off discount by attending the seminars.

5. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    sweet i have been wondering when they were going to open up.
    That place is so cool.

6. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I havent made it down there yet how is it?

7. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    Man I was stationed @ POPE from 99-03. That would have been nice for that to be open when I was there.

8. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    It's a really nice store. I'm going back this weekend for the grand opening. They're givin away free stuff, so I'll be there:tounge_out:. Where do you live in NC?

9. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    What squadron? I've been with the 3 APS since Nov 03

10. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm in Raleigh so it's not that far of a drive

11. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:

Well when I got there in 99 it was the Supply Sq then it changed to LRS. Im a POL troop. I have filled many of your guys K loaders up with gas. I liked that base. I just finished up 3 years @ RAF Lakenheath. Now Im @ Mcconnell AFB.

12. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey I went there and it is BIG. When we went to the cash register, they had trouble ringing up one of our lures. They ended up giving us a $10 gift card for the troube (which wasn't much trouble). I like the store alot alot of stuff. I also noticed the eels, some of them are HUGE.

13. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    You should see the new POL facility now. They completely rebuilt everything. It's nice

14. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    yeah Ive heard its nice. I ran into the Chief I used to have there. He followed me over 2 England. I also know a couple of the guys in the shop over there. If you ever have a POL problem just look up MSgt Shefield. His first name is Harold. Just tell him you know Ostrom and he will hook you up. I know those little fuel keys you have for your equipment can be a pain in the a$$ ...