Favorite Weather Report website...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by zivetor, Feb 1, 2007.

1. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    Hey all my Fellow Fishermen... Which internet Weather site has been the most accurate for you to use prior to going fishing? I have used a couple of sites but I was wondering if there may be something better.

I normally use wunderground.com or :smile2: weatherbug.com Please share the ones you use, it doesn't have to be an internet site, it can be a TV Channel too..

Also which wind direction do you prefer to fish for catfish.. I have alway heard if the wind is blowing out of the WEST fish bite the BEST, and if the wind is blowing out of the EAST fish bite the LEAST.. may be an urban legend, but I was just curious.

Thanks Zivetor

2. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I like intellicast.com

3. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I prefer weather underground. It's seems to be a more accurate forecast than local stations or The Weather Channel! My 2 cents worth.
    Wooly

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
  5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I use the NOAA weather site. It pretty much hits the forcast right on the head.

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
  7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    AccuWeather had a forcast up today for my area calling for 6"-8" of snow accumulation. :roll_eyes:

I have a feeling something somewhere got messed up in the computer.

To answer your question, I look at weather.com (great for technical data and radar), accuweather.com (extended forcasts), and the local stations (more accurate for immediate weather).

Glad to see some of the other ones available.

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I also use the NOAA site.

9. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to go with NOAA regional weather site. plus the NOAA weather band on the CB lets me stay on top of anything in my area. Thats pretty much why there is one in the boat.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Lenny, I use a number of links, depending on what area I'm fishing, but here are a few for the lakes, which I suspect is what you're interested in:
    These links pertain to the Santee Cooper Lakes, lower end:

Weather forecast for Cross, SC: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/Ma...pe=3&site=chs&CiTemplate=1&map.x=246&map.y=30

Wind forecast for Lake Moultrie (take with a big grain of salt): http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/sx/sxus42.kchs.rec.chs.txt

Rediversion Canal flows @ St. Stephen, SC (lets me know if there is extra current coming through the lakes, and water temps during the winter:
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/u...on&format=gif_stats&period=7&site_no=02171645

Water flow in Tailrace Canal @ Moncks Corner (another gauge of current flow): http://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/uv/?site_no=02172002&PARAmeter_cd=00060,00062,00065,72020

Tommy.

11. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Wind from the West the fish bite the best! Wind from the East, the fish bite the least! Wind from the South, the hooks in their mouth! The question should be, What happen when the winds from the North? My dad always said, if you fish when the wind is from the North, You're a damn fool! LOL
    Sparky

12. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I use NOAA. On a rainy day the one hour radar loop is great to get an idea of which which way the rain is moving. If you enter the main site through weather.gov and click on "rivers" you can get a forcast of what the rivers in your area are predicted to do with regards to flow and height.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My favor is The Weather Channel, I have The Weather Channel Desktop on my computer. It tell ya the current degrees and the next 10 days forcast.