Favorite Turkey Call?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by jlcclh, Apr 19, 2007.

1. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Just wondering what everybody's favorite all around turkey call is? Mine is... Bud and Betty custom slate call. Man that thing sounds awesome!! I would highly recommend it. Im not trying to make sells, but for $50 or so, its amazing!! :wink: so...whats yours?

2. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm a Bud and Betty fan too. Slate, glass, and metal. Have yet to get the crystal. A close second for me is a Kicking Bird box call. I have one of the original 100.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    have a bunch of mouth calls but really like the CARBON striker/slate by H.S.strut.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I have a little call I made myself. What it isn't is the best call I own. What it is, is the most satisfying.

For me, turkey hunting, at it's best, is an organic business...one man, one bird, one call, and a spring day in the woods. A very, very old shotgun, and a call fashioned from objects found in the woods completes a very sweet circle.:smile2:

5. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    I like the woodhaven copperhead 2, that thing has some nasty rasp to it.

6. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    The call with which I've had the most success with is also my cheapest.....the Lil'Duece Slate call seems to bring em runnin'.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    My all time favorite turkey call is the one my mother used on Thanksgiving day.When the feast was ready she would Holler "Come and Get It".Never failed to work around our house.:big_smile: :lol: :roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :smile2:

8. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    It would have to be my Cody glass call. Them Toms cant resist them Cody Purrrrs.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like my diaphram its made my HS Strut but not sure which one it is. my other is a custom box made by dick turpin himself. hes well known in nebraska so yall might not know him

10. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I have a homemade box call a friend from work made it hasn't failed me yet:cool2:

11. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i like knight n hales mouth cluck!!

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My fav is my bud Bill "Bluesclues", he rocks the Quaker Boy mouth calls. I've got a McLaughlin Gamecalls "Raspy Red" glass over slate that I'm real fond of.

13. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    went for the first time today and i called in 3 birds with my Knight&Hale Ol Yeller slate call. its great. i tried my Primos mouth call but it didnt produce quite as well.

14. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    rock on "bear" the Quacker sounds good we just need a season to use it in...LOL:0a23:

15. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You got that right Bill. Between Indiana's season, the weather we had in mid April, and the @%#$&* mushroom hunters (who are supposed to stay off of public ground till after 1:00p.m.) We are getting our arses kicked! Time is getting short brother, got to get jiggy with it.:cool2: