Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
30lb Power Pro on the 6000 and 50lb Pro on the 7000 (Abus). I usually keep 30lb test mono if I want to use it for a leader. Yes, its overkill, until the big one comes along...

My primary catfishing line is Power Pro Hi-Vis gold 65 lb test.

I love the zero stretch factor (More solid hooksets and better sensitivity)...and the stuff will last 3-5 years if you don't expose it to large amounts of rocks. (Which I unfortunately am guilty of most of the time...my river reels get changed every other year...or as needed...whichever comes first)

Secondary line varies...might be 17 lb Stren heavy cover on my bass/wiper rods...Power Pro 20 lb on my white bass/walleye rigs...6 or 8 lb flourocarbon on my crappie and trout poles...4 lb flouro on my perch rods...50 lb Big Game solar or electric blue (for visibility's sake on those long rips) on my spoonbill snagging surf rods....and 40 lb Cajun Red Lightnin' on my flathead rod...or for leader material. (Red is the first color in the spectrum to disappear underwater)

Last year, I used 20# Sufix, but this year I am trying 35# Stren sinking braid. I'll let ya know how it works out.
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't yet heard of this new product by Stren.

This could be something that would work for the way I "walk" my baits downstream with the current inside the riffles I fish in the Neosho river.

I'll be trying this out myself.

http://www.stren.com/prod.php?k=74727&sk=50685&p=PURSSBFS10-14 (1124546)

http://www.great-lakes.org/reviews/review-09-25-06.html

I prefer using 50lb Power Pro on my reels backed with 30lb Big Cat. I run this to my swivel and from there to the hook I run 20 or 30lb Big Cat mono. That way when you do snag up you only lose a little mono the hook and you save the sinker which in turn help keep more lead out of the water.

Sufix Seige is my favorite line at the time. Currently using 12lb test for my channel cat outfit. Twenty pound Sufix on my medium set and 25 lb Big Game on my larger set up as I couldn't find 25lb rated Sufix.

I use Power-Pro 80# with 30lb Berkley Big Game as a backer. I have had good success with Power-Pro. I use 100# Ande leaders for abrasion resistance. I also like a stiff leader when fishing ALOT of current, it seems to help with the spinning problems!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.