Favorite style of fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by mandingo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    just curious to know everyones favorite style of fishing whether it be drifting,anchored,hand fishing or whatever, and why?mine would have to be drifting because you get to cover alot of water and i dont have the patience to anchor up on lakes most the time.

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Mine would have to be anchored or bank fishin. I bank fished w/ my Grandad since I was a wee little lad until I went "on vacation". Just got a boat last year so we just find a spot and sit fer awhile, move, & sit. Im too prone to snag up for driftin & noodlin wouldnt cut it for me. Im addicted to the fight.

3. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Caleb as you know mine would have to be anchor fishing. In my oppion there is nothing better than sitting there with the breeze in your face just waiting to see your pole bounce. But I really enjoy drifting when the action is hot.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i bank fish(no boat)i set up on holes that have produced big fish before and wait them out and kill some beers with a freind. i wish i had a boat i know all kinds of places the only way to get to them isby boat, maybe some day

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Lately I have been bank fishing because I am putting a floor in my Dads old boat. I ususally fish rivers until winter and then I will take the boat to Kaw lake for the blues.This year I am going to wade the river more. Most of the time it is pretty shallow soI should be able to cover a lot of water.I move as much as possible when I bank fish but I do like to just sit and wait sometimes.Depends on my mood I quess.

6. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    This summer pm me and we can get together and I will take you out on my boat. Its not the best boat out there but it floats. lol

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That really depends on my mood and the situation. On most recreational outings I typically fish holes both anchored/drifting and then pull up to a good spot on the back shortly after dark, build a fire, and relax with some good ole' fashion bank fishing.

8. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I like fishing dams on the arkansas river with rc boat using a big cork.
    Just something seeing a big cork go down hard at a 100yds

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    DRIFTING because u bring it to the fish !

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    In the lake I prefer to drift most of the time. If the wind is blowing hard I will go back in a cove, creek, or up the river channel and anchor fish. If I fish the river I will bank fish. Most of the time you can walk across the river and there are no boat ramps.

11. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My favorite is anchored up and cover the hole with 8 rods sit back and wait for the state record lol!!!!

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    I hear ya on the state record !! Just fishin in KS makes it harder cuz the state record is the world record for flatts. lol

13. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    I like anchor fishing in the spring but in the summer I love to drift in fact I usually take my anchors out after June. But I have had my be fishing days while anchored up so I guess it all depends on where the big fish are because that is where I want to be.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I like anchor fishing better but when we fished Miford Lake in Kansas all we done was drift fish. It just depends on the lake, time of year, conditions etc... What ever works the best on a given day is what I will try to do.

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    mine would be relaxing in a lawn chair, a cooler full of your favorite drink, radio going but low enough to hear the waves crashing in,(and your line stripping) cool breeze coming through......MAN I DONT WONT TO WAKE UP BUT I GOT TO GO BACK TO WORK:sad2:

AS THE FAMOUS SKIPEYE WOULD SAY

COME ON SPRING!!!!!!

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    I KNOW HOW YA FEEL !!

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Bank fishing for me, until I get a boat. :cry:

18. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ifished from dads boat for years but this year I bought my own. But I still like to bank fish.Really it doesn't matter as long as I'm fishin.:big_smile_2:

19. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well for me, I used to fish from a boat.......then the boat left........Then I fished from the bank and still love it.......then there's my little two-man bass boat........In a good wind........well, you might drown in it, but the fish manage to find there way in it.........:smile2:

20. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    :cool2: noodlin. that how i roll.