Favorite species of catfish - I want to hear...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by massa_jorge, May 31, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    okay brothers and sisters, i know this has come up before, but i haven't seen it asked in a while...

what's your favorite species of cat and why?

my favorite would be the flathead because of the pure attitude you get from them, from the hookset to the release, they don't ever nice up at all.
    second would be the blue, preferably out of a river, for the way they bulldog you for the whole fight.
    third would be the channel, cause they're good eating and fun to start kids out on.

thanks!!!

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    The one that is tuging my line.LOL.

3. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Flatheads, just love seeing them big wide heads break the water.. Almost like fishing for freshwater sharks:cool2:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    word up Phillip!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Flatties for sure!!!!! :wink::roll_eyes::big_smile:

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    haft to be flatheads from 5 to 15 lbs. any thing smaller or any thing bigger i let go to fight another day.

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Flatheads by far.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I cast my vote for the mighty Flathead! We don't have Blue Cats here in Pa. and the Channels dont get to the size the Flattys reach so...!

9. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Easy answer - Blues- the one's around the Alton Dam.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It channels right now because I aint caught no other species of catfish yet.

11. ByrdDog

ByrdDog New Member

State:
    Covington,Ga
    I guess channels, they are the only cats I've fished for intentionally. I've caught a few of another species between 3-8 pounds but I don't know what they were. They had "bloodier" meat and weren't as tasty as channels.

12. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Catfish are sorta like women, they`re all good, some just better than others.

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Big bad blues for sure!

14. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    definite bluesman here.

15. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Big ugly MEAN Flatheads!:smile2:

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well last time this thread was posted Peeweewilliams said his was bullheads and after I had posted channels I thought about that one long and hard and I agree with him 100% they were an absolute thrill growing up. I would watch the weather report everyday when I had summer vacation after the rains I would head out and catch a few dozen nightcrawlers grab my lantern and gone I was my family never had a problem with me taking off in the middle of the night till morning they knew that if I was fishing I wasnt getting into trouble or doing drugs and the like. And man would I catch them by the hundreds somenights. Someupwards of 3lbs. Caught them on my 5ft ultra lights and 4lb testwith a splitshot or 2 in a flooded creek. Now if that aint a description of a great time I dont know what is. And ya always seemed to hook a big ol' carp which gave you a run for the money everytime. At the end of the night I would come home and my grandfather would sit down with me and we would clean one after the other for hours and then that weekend we would have the best times kicking back frying and eating bullheads all day most never even made it to the plate they were quickly devoured by me or my grandfather en route to the plate full of fish. And these happen to be someof my best memories of life and therefore the bullhead gets my vote for favorite fish over all and that means all fish not only catfish.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll have to say the channel cats for now. That's all I've caught so far, but i'm working on it.

18. twomorrows

twomorrows New Member

State:
    Texas
    Flatheads hands down. Fun to catch and even better to eat!! I can't think of anything better than fried "OP" belly.

19. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I like any fish that is lucky enough to make it to my ice chest!:big_smile:

I'm not too picky, I just like to eat fish.

Ken

20. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i like any fish thats big enough to make the guy with the net jump when it breaks water at their feet.