Favorite snack while out on the boat!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, May 5, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i thought it would be fun just seeing what your guyses favorite snacks to bring and eat while your out catching the big one. for me i would have to say my favorite snack while fishing would have to be Slim Jims(LOTS). if you would like to, please share your snacking moments. lol
    :haha:

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    While the various meat products are a tempting treat, my money is spent on a big bag of sunflower seeds........preferably those monster Dakota Kid seedS(only found a Casey's). Dang hulls get all over the boat but I just try and go really fast and blow them out, since I only have 25hp I usually tow it real fast:cool2: I also enjoy a beverage or 2 while eating seeds...........your to young to partake of that "food group".

I know the river is falling but my Dad is doing great and I haven't wet a line for a week, I'm going tonight or tomorrow night.

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A square of sharp chedar, and some crackers, will keep me all day long in the boat. Sometimes I will supliment the cheese with some ham or turkey. Dont mater what I eat then, it tastes a little like worms. I don't know what thats about.

4. bigflathunter

bigflathunter New Member

State:
    Lawrence, KS
    I generally take a sandwich or two in a lunch box, but I don't get to spend a whole lot of time out in the boat, it's been under construction for awhile. Maybe that will change in the near future, especially if Charlie invites me to hit the river with him sometime soon. *hint hint*

Sunflower seeds are a good bet too since you don't need to use your slime and blood covered hands to eat them.

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    My favorite is good jerky but I can't eat it anymore due to the salt. :-(
    Now its more like sliced almonds, salt free chicken, etc.

6. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Nothing can beat a ham and chees sandwich. Take it out of the cooler about 1 hr befor eating. Lay it on the boat seat in the sun and get the cheese melting. Add a Mountain dew and some corn curls. Yummy

7. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I ussualy have the little area beside my seat pilled up with all sorts of half empty mountain dews and melted snickers. But my favorite that I reach for is ussualy sour cream and onion prengles. They're hard to beat in early morning hours when your supper is worn off. Plus it's a resealable container.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    good Ole Peanut Butter And Jelly Perferablely Strawberry Jelly And Lots Of Cold Water.soda Just Makes Me More Thirsty.

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    chips or pork rinds and probably a reese 4 pack:big_smile:

10. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I'm with Doyle,

Sharp cheeder and crackers.
    I always have coffiee but I also bring along a couple of gatoraids to keep me hydrated.

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    baked lay's chips, rice cake chips, fruit

trying to stay healthy now

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    vienna sausages or sardines in mustard! nothin like suckin that mustard off your fingers and havin a little bit of shad flavor from your fingers....

13. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I usually like to stop by and grab some BBQ to go, like sandwich of something, if not jerk, chips, pop, few suds etc...

chris

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Some deer jerky or deer sticks and some sharp cheddar. Can't beat that in my book.

15. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    If I know I'm going out the next day I'll fire up the grill and fix up a bunch of pork chops then make sandwiches out of them. Nothing better than a cold pork chop sandwich with a little mayo and a ice cold Pepsi or Dew

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    beef jerky for me

17. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Ain't go'n hungry when I'm fish'n. Always make sure I've got plenty of beanie-weanies, vienna sausages, sardines, sharp chedder cheese,crackers, chips, apples, water, DR Pepper and what ever else I can find to put in the boat.

18. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Sodas are my favorite. I love the sweetness that it has, while it still has that kind of a kick to it. I dont care if they put phosphoric acid in it! Its goin in my belly!:lol:

19. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    a big bag of jerky and a 2 liter of mountain dew and i'm good.....

20. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hoop cheese, chackers, spam, and a cold beer