favorite sitcom

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 21, 2008.

favorite sitcom

1. bonanza

2. honeymooners

3. all in the family

4. sanford and son

5. simpsons

6. king of the hill

7. 3 stooges

8. mr ed

9. leave it to beaver

10. 3's company

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    whats the favorite of the general population. write in welcome. i dont know em all.

theres so many good ones but to name a few,lol. mine a long while back was honeymooners. ralph and ed. but archie gets my vote.

when i was in my pre teens i spent countless nights watching me ed, donna reed, patty duke, 3s company. lots of black and white. all the while color was available.

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    My favorite of all time was M.A.S.H, with Taxi second. I still enjoy the reruns when they are on.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i would have had to have 500 poll options,lol. mash was and still is a good en. i didnt see a lot of taxi but a few. funny to.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Of the one's listed I vote for All in the Family...funny stuff :smile2:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i was watching fred and lemont when i posted this. and then george and weezy came on. there just wasnt enough options for this one lmao.

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Great poll Archie got my vote meat head lol.

As for sitcoms though major one left out One Day At A Time
    What guy didn't have the hots for Valerie Bertinelli.
    Also in that category could be Whos The Boss with Alyssa Milano

As for some I can't get enough of is
    Good Times
    MASH
    Hogans Heros

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I loved to watch sanford & son ...Mostly when aunt esther was on and her and fred would start calling each other name's lol she alway's called him a fish eyed fool lmao

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    oh j.j. lol. dont watch good times much these days. still on t.v. land alot but watched it alot when i was a kid. hogans. ya seen a few of them.

good line from sanford.

"fred"look son, this junk here aint much, or that lamp over there aint much and these here trinkets they aint much, but put them all togather and what do ya get? "lamont" a junk pile! "fred" no son a junkpire.

ever see the one where he joined the grey foxes? and dressed up like castro at the picket at the stereo store?

i had an 8 hr marathon of all in the family and sanford. i still have em but there watched so much there in bad shape.

"hey meathead, dogs off the coffee table!"

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lmao do you rember when fred and aunt esther was calling each other name's ....fred said you so ugly i could dip your face in batter and make gorrila cookie's lmao:eek:oooh:

10. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I gotta say Sanford and Son.

Theres just something about M.A.S.H tho maybe because it came on at supper time.I can hear the theme song and be right back to being 10 yrs old watching my mom set the table getting ready for dinner.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nobody has mentioned The Beverly Hillbilly's, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, Munsters, Adams Family and Night Court.:big_smile::big_smile:

All real good ones. And Dennis the Menace. lol Poor old Mr. Wilson. lol:big_smile::smile2:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great poll with many options that aren't there but the greats are. I had to go with All in the Family is at the top but the Jefferson's, S & Son, MASH etc are still great.

One not mentioned on the poll that I like is Star Trek. I remember laying next to my dad when I was little while he watched it. I'm not one of those freaks that go to conventions and stuff but I still enjoy watching it. ( I swear I don't have a pair of Spock ears hiding in my closet , lol ). So Star Trek really would have my vote just because it is the longest running show that I know of, and I have been watching it ever since I can remember.

" Dam-it-Jim "

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    what about the little rascal's lol that is a true comedy classic:big_smile:

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    O TAY BUCKWHEAT:smile2:

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I loved Mr.Ed (voted for him in the poll) because I'm a "horse freak". But I also loved the Munsters & Addams family; something about "funny monsters"! O-Tay!! And the Beverly Hillbillies, Mash, the Honeymooners, and any of the "Lucy/I Love Lucy" shows.....I guess we've been lucky that there've been alot of good ones. And if there's nothing on TV now, we can always find a cable/satellite channel & watch the oldies-but-goodies! Good thread!:wink:

16. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mine changes. I get burnt out seeing reruns then wait a few years and watch them again. Little rascals, the early Roseannes, Everybody loves Raymond. Frank kills me.:big_smile:

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Of the ones listed...

Back during their time, All in the Family was our favorite. Before them were the Honeymooners. Black and white and no remote days. :eek:oooh:

Also liked the Beverly Hillbilly's and Green Acres.

Now days it's real life programs or good movies.

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Jeremy......of the ones listed in the poll, I also voted for "All in the Family". Quite a few sitcoms were mentioned on my 70s memories thread, so I went back and read over that just to see if I saw any others. Someone said "Get Smart"; I never really watched that myself, but I've known folks who never missed it. People like "F-Troop" too. Glad Roxie said "I Love Lucy" on this thread. Hard to believe that would be left out.....

As for me, well, this is a difficult question; but I believe "M*A*S*H" and "Frasier" would be at the top of my list. I also enjoy "Cheers", "Happy Days", "Laverne & Shirley", "One Day at a Time". For older ones, "Green Acres" and "Petticoat Junction" are good choices in my book. And how can we leave out "Gomer Pyle" and "Andy Griffith"? (rspd507 would NOT be happy, betcha he can beat anybody at Griffith trivia :wink:!)

"BONANZA"? I know it had some funny moments, as did "Star Trek", but I don't think either of those is considered a sitcom. Most sitcoms only last 30 minutes, although there are exceptions.

Where's all y'all closet "The Brady Bunch" lovers out there? :smile2:

Does anyone know which network has had the MOST famous sitcoms, as far as viewer numbers are concerned?

19. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    And then there are the westerns. Maverick -- Rawhide -- Paladin -- Wagon Train -- Old Roy Rogers show -- Gunsmoke -- man the list can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

I love the old TV shows. Hey and then there is Flash Gorden - old black and whites. My wife has gotten dvd's from the library of them. Ming the Merciless. lol

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama