Favorite plastic bait for bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by lightningmetal10, Apr 25, 2006.

1. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    Anybody have any comments on their fav plastic bait for bass? I gotta say mine is senko worms 30 seconds of usig them and a 2 1/2 lbr comes for my lure im a believer i love those things.... ne one else have other htoughts?

2. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I don't use many soft blastics but I'd say that I'm a fan of the worm. Seems like anything will eat it in any environment.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    havent bass fished in quite a while, but when i did my soft plastics of choice were either culprit or gilraker worms. 3 inch tube baits worked good too.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Brush hog watermellon seed color by Zoom for my favorite soft bait. Raplia minnow jerk bait 4" black and chrome floating for my hard bait.

5. curtis

curtis New Member

State:
    california
    if i would say anything on my favorite soft plastic bait it would be a six inch worm on a texas rig brown with blue stripes. depending on the day maybe drop shooting it isnt a bad idea at all. also rattle traps work very very well in my book for hard plastics!

6. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i fish mainly soft plastics and would say my top three are lizard,worm and zoom super fluke. i caught 21 last wed., biggest just over 7lbs.,all on a watermelon super fluke fished weightless in 10 ' of water. good luck
    matt

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Favorite soft, little plactic tubes on a jig

Favorite Hard, Torpedo

8. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Joe..my confidence bait the past couple seasons has been the moccasin/blue metal flake Culprit worm. But it seems the best baits usually end up obsolete or no longer made. I've been looking for the ol' Salt Craws that Wally World carried a few years back. There are a lot of craws out there, but I liked those the best, particularly brown/blue metal flake or green flake. Can't find them anywhere anymore, and they were killer on postspawn bass holding in the 12-16 ft. brushpiles out on points or in cove mouths. I've got a lot of old worms from years past, and sometimes it's fun to pull out one just to show them something they haven't seen in a long while. Sometime it works, sometimes not...but it always brings back memories of the goodn's that I caught using them. (Blueberry jellyworms, or the old style Centipedes that looked like centipedes just to name a couple). Black grape Mr. Twisters were hot for a number of years, and I still catch one on them now and again. The fish get hot on a certain bait for a season or two, then show a preference for something new. I guess that's how I ended up with this duffel bag full of plastics. Hmmm... I'm getting the urge to go shopping for worms again.:)

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Same Here!:thumbsup:

This is what they did for me last year.

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

Attached Files:

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Gene lerew salt craws. gene lerew hoo daddy jr. gary yamamoto hula grubs. check out these baits and see how many tournaments and how much money they have won.your gonna be surprised.

11. The Undertaker

The Undertaker New Member

State:
    Miami Oklahoma
    For a worm I use the 6" Roboworm in the color of "Arons Magic".
    My next choice of bait is the Senko in clear with salt and pepper flake. Rigged on a 4/0 hook weightless.
    steve

12. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I like a trick worm fished with a splitshot weight. Junebug and buble gum colors.

13. bobsmitter03

bobsmitter03 New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    i use the same thing. Just last week i caught a 22" 7.5 pound largemouth out of a five acre pond that i fish all the time. Biggest one i ever caught.

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Way to go Ty ! I really like this ugly worm. Click on my avatar and check out my PB on a brushhog. Lil over 11 lbs.

15. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I have caught hundreds of spawning largemouths(and then immediately released them of course) on tubes.

16. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I have also caught a lot of hefty river/ creek smallies on a tube jig fished to immitate a crayfish in the spring and summer, or a baitfish in the fall.

17. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    A yellow floating worm by zoom on a 3/0 hook dip the tail in red dip throw it and hang on.

18. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i have to agree with slabmaster, i forgot to mention the yamamoto hula grub i've caught so many fish on a smoke colored hula grub that i lost count . it's deadly texas rigged or on a jig head . i like small weight so it falls slow and flutters. good luck
    matt

19. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    My most productive is a carolina rigged watermelon or green pumpkin baby brush hog with the tip of the tails dipped in chartreuse garlic die.
    View attachment 9141

20. fishnaz

fishnaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    i find greg stump's robo worm out fish any soft plastic i ever used bass love em i use aaron's magic 4 1/2" straight tail finesse check them out at www.roboworm.com. let me know how they work for you.