Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite lures or baits to use for pike and muskie? Bucktails,suick,and suckers, I have even witnessed muskie taken on crayfish.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
my favorite is a big white safty pin spinner bait with white willow leaf blades. this time of year its dead baits though.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
the only pike i have ever caught were on trout that i was reeling in.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There are so many lures that are fun to catch pike on. I would say my hands down favorite is a surface lure or one that will swim about a foot below the surface. Something like a Countdown or a buzzbait. There is nothing like the feeling of a pike coming up and slamming the bait on or near the surface when you can see it all happening.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Im kinda "old school" and I like the ol 4inch red and white daredevil, in the spring I like a nip-a-ditty.
smokey

·
Registered
93 Posts
A red & white Daredevil, a plain #5 Mepps Agila silver or gold, a #12 or 14 Husky Jerk- color based on water conditions. However, the past few years I have caught most of my pike on a plain lead head jig and a white twister tail (grub for you bass fishermen).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.