Favorite movie lines

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Feb 25, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OK, I'll get it started. The movie is Good Mornin Vietnam. Robin Williams has just showed up and is havein his first meetin with the Seargent Major. The Seargant Major reads him the riot act and tells him how things are gonna be and finishes it by sayin.........................................................................

Son. I'll make you wish ya died as a child!:smile2:

Ya gotta luv it! The good old days in the army. Now if somethin like that was said today there would be a major investigation. LOL!

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I like the one in cool hand Luke

What we have here, is a failure to communicate

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    too many good ones to remember, or type for that matter. this one comes to mind at the moment.

from the movie "a river runs through it"

my father belived that anyone who did not know how to catch a fish, should be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it.

4. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    how about A FEWGOOD MEN.....JACK NICHOLSON says "YOU WANT THE TRUTH, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH"

5. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    or in days of thunder tom cruise is driving a test lap and he says "IM DROPPING THE HAMMER. " and his pitboss says" NO YOU AINT" and he doesit anyway.

6. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    ill change the tone a little, from napolean dynamite:wink: "i spent the summer with my uncle in alaska huting wolverines"

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think this one came from the movie 'young guns' ......I'll make ya famous.

8. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Lines from 2 of my favorite movies. First from Tombstone. "I'm your huckleberry" Second one is from, The Rock. "We have you from an elevated position"

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got lots of favorites, too, but this one always comes to mind. It's from 'The Shootist'.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same of them."

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey, Richard. That one's from the second Young Guns movie. They're both at the top of my list, and I crack a smile about everytime Emilio Estevez says those four words.

This is a good thread, BG. I think my all time favorite line in a movie was in Shooter. An old man that should be led by a German Shepherd sits up in his chair to the reply of the main character's comment, "That's what they say." Then says himself, "They also said BMW's were in Iraq... artificial sweeteners were safe... and Anna Nichole married for love." I spit out the water I HAD been drinking and laughed until I cried. Probably rewound that one part half a dozen times.

-Red

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    remember Space Balls? my favorite dark helmet quote " she gives good helmet"

12. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men"
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. "

13. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller

If I poke your stomach, will it make you go 'whoo-hoo'?

Major Payne

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I also have a lot of them , the one that comes to mind is ,GO AHEAD MAKE MY DAY , old Clint said that in Dirty Harry :cool2:

15. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Most people didn't get the point of Natural Born Killers. they were too offended by the violence to realize it was a huge political statement about the media and their obsession with violence. Here's one of my favorite quotes of Woody Harrilson's character,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mickey: You'll never understand, Wayne. You and me, we're not even the same species. I used to be you, then I evolved. From where you're standing, you're a man. From where I'm standing, you're an ape. You're not even an ape. You're a media person. Media's like the weather, only it's man-made weather. Murder? It's pure. You're the one made it impure. You're buying and selling fear. You say "why?" I say "why bother?"

AND-

Wayne Gale: I thought a bond developed between us!
    Mickey: No. Not really. You're scum, Wayne; you did it for RATINGS. You don't give a (expletive) about us or anybody else except yourself; that's why nobody gives a (expletive) about YOU. That's why "helicopters" were not "deployed."

16. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    My fav quote is from "They live" Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks down th door and says, " I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm aallll outta bubblegum." :wink:. I have a few others, but cant seem to remember them word for word right now.

17. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A funny one from Blazing saddles from the banditos:Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

18. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That is a good one .I wish Piper had done more movies I thought he was a damn good actor.

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Love all of those & probably bout 1000 more, but the best one is "I'm your huckleberry" man i love that movie & so many lines in it but I'll leave it at that one

20. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dirty harry. make my day punk. and do ya feel lucky well do ya.