Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'll get it started. The movie is Good Mornin Vietnam. Robin Williams has just showed up and is havein his first meetin with the Seargent Major. The Seargant Major reads him the riot act and tells him how things are gonna be and finishes it by sayin.........................................................................

Son. I'll make you wish ya died as a child!:smile2:

Ya gotta luv it! The good old days in the army. Now if somethin like that was said today there would be a major investigation. LOL!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
too many good ones to remember, or type for that matter. this one comes to mind at the moment.

from the movie "a river runs through it"

my father belived that anyone who did not know how to catch a fish, should be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Lines from 2 of my favorite movies. First from Tombstone. "I'm your huckleberry" Second one is from, The Rock. "We have you from an elevated position"

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I've got lots of favorites, too, but this one always comes to mind. It's from 'The Shootist'.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same of them."

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think this one came from the movie 'young guns' ......I'll make ya famous.
Hey, Richard. That one's from the second Young Guns movie. They're both at the top of my list, and I crack a smile about everytime Emilio Estevez says those four words.

This is a good thread, BG. I think my all time favorite line in a movie was in Shooter. An old man that should be led by a German Shepherd sits up in his chair to the reply of the main character's comment, "That's what they say." Then says himself, "They also said BMW's were in Iraq... artificial sweeteners were safe... and Anna Nichole married for love." I spit out the water I HAD been drinking and laughed until I cried. Probably rewound that one part half a dozen times.

-Red

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men"
"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. "

·
Registered
374 Posts
Most people didn't get the point of Natural Born Killers. they were too offended by the violence to realize it was a huge political statement about the media and their obsession with violence. Here's one of my favorite quotes of Woody Harrilson's character,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mickey: You'll never understand, Wayne. You and me, we're not even the same species. I used to be you, then I evolved. From where you're standing, you're a man. From where I'm standing, you're an ape. You're not even an ape. You're a media person. Media's like the weather, only it's man-made weather. Murder? It's pure. You're the one made it impure. You're buying and selling fear. You say "why?" I say "why bother?"

AND-

Wayne Gale: I thought a bond developed between us!
Mickey: No. Not really. You're scum, Wayne; you did it for RATINGS. You don't give a (expletive) about us or anybody else except yourself; that's why nobody gives a (expletive) about YOU. That's why "helicopters" were not "deployed."

·
Registered
399 Posts
My fav quote is from "They live" Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks down th door and says, " I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm aallll outta bubblegum." :wink:. I have a few others, but cant seem to remember them word for word right now.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Love all of those & probably bout 1000 more, but the best one is "I'm your huckleberry" man i love that movie & so many lines in it but I'll leave it at that one

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.