Favorite Lure

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Dmitri, Aug 31, 2006.

Favorite Lure?

1. Crankbaits/Lipless Crankbaits

2. Spinner Bait

3. Buzz Bait

4. Plastic Worms, Lizards, etc....

5. Live Minnows/Bluegill/Shad/Crawfish...

6. Worms/Nightcrawlers/Crickets....

7. Weighted Jig/Skirt

8. Spoons

9. Frogs/Tubes

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What is everyone's favorite lures for Bass?

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    my fovorite lure is a 10 inch motor oil worm, i caught my largest bass using one of these the only bad thing is they a hard to find, and anymore all i do is target trophy cats

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Love torpedo's

don't know why, but, sand bass kill them things

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    A 3" Rapala Floating Minnow In The Silver/Balack Color Combination Or a Small Frog Colored Torpedo. I Don't Bass Fish Much But When I Do, Those Are The First 2 "Bullets" I Fire :cool2:

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    When pond fishing I always raced around the pond with a spinner hitting every piece of cover I could cast to, after that I would go back and really work the cover over good with a jig and plastic crawdad. caught the really active fish on the spinner and the tight fish on the jig..........always worked for me.

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    2 hook,weedless rubber nightcrawler. wine purple/white and black/white.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I voted spinner bait. IMO it is one of the most versitile bass baits around. And can be used for any situation.

8. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Rattle trap or any lipless crankbait... you can really cover a lot of water with them and they seem to work well throughout the water column.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Favrite lure Worm or lizard I love to bass fish with a small bream or large minnow:0a17:

10. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    my favorite is white twister tails. if i ant catching anything i put one of those on and i'm bound to catch something. oh yeah i us red head jigs to with them

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Goin with the mighty Jitterbug one of the oldest and best topwaters ever made

12. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    My favorite lure for bass is the buzzbait hands down theres nothing like catching huge bass on top water and the top water bite is on here in arizona.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have got more Big Ba$$ on Senko Worms & Soft Body Crayfish than any thing else (other than live Minnows).

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

14. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Walking the dog with a spook and having a Stirpper or Large Mouth crash it is my favorite.

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Went with a spinner, favorite color is white. A close second would be a topwater popper from bps.

16. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Heddon's Torpedo then 4" black mister twister then live minnows

Wheelmobile07

17. Xterra_Man

Xterra_Man New Member

State:
    wv
    sewer bait is a dip bait available at cattracker.com

18. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Cranks are versatile and effective nearly year round if fished effectively. Cover different depths and speeds with crankers for some exciting fishing!

19. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Mine A sun fish colored spinner bait made by Dr HOOK Lures at Fishermens outpost and they make an Arky bass jig that is good too

20. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Breck,

If you and I were in a boat right now, fishing for bass, and you had a big one on, I would take my knife and cut your line!!:big_smile: Because, you have had me racking my brain for an hour or so, trying to make a decision, as to what is my favorite lure. Since, at different times in my life, I have been either a hard core spinnerbait man, deep diving crankbait man and a plastic worm man. Much has always depended upon the particular water I was fishing, time of year and time of day etc etc. But, if I have to choose just one, I guess I will have to choose the plastic worm. Even though it could be compared to fishing a jig (in method and action).

I would opt for the plastic worm because of the action and style of fishing it (slowly, in most instances). Where, you are probably fooling and enticing the bass to bite because it looks like an easy snack. Rather than provoking (getting a reflex type of bite) a strike via a crankbait or spinnerbait where they may really smash it hard. Although, I do love a hard hitting fish, there is just something special to me about that gentle "tap tap" you get with most bass, when they inhale that worm. Thus, I feel like I have fooled them more and that they were totally unsuspecting of my offering. Because, it looked so natural and was not hard to catch.