Favorite Lines

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by RebelMan, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I'm curious what your favorite fishing lines are. Mono,braid whatever you use for catfishing.
    I'm a big fan of trilene big cat "solar green" in 20 lb. And leader is Trilene XT Extra Tough 20 lb in clear. And braid I would have to go with power pro 65lb in moss green I dont like that yellow color for some reason.:cute:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I've been using power pro 65 lb. for the last couple years.
    6 or 8 lb. original stren on my walleye rods.

3. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

For walleye I gotta go with 4-6lb Trilene Sensation. I love that stuff.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    For mono, I use Ande Line. Mostly used in salt, but ain't ever had a flathead break me off!

If I use braid which is only when I use circle hooks for channels, I use PowerPro.

PowerPro is also on my spinning reels.

5. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    I use 30lb P-line mono. i've never had the problem with the stuff and i've never had a fish break my line yet. heck i've had hard enough time trying to break my line off a snag without breaking my pole!

6. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Why dont you use braid on "J" hooks or kahle hooks? And do you use mono for leader when using braid on channels with circles?

7. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Use multiple lines for different applications:

-65lb moss green PP main line w/ a 50lb green BBG leader for blues and flatheads.
    -20lb green BBG mainline w/out a leader for channels and carp.
    -50lb moss green PP main line w/ 100lb steel leader for Musky. (have never even caught one though, hahah!)
    -15lb Hi-vis yellow Suffix Superior for surf casting to Stripers, Blues (w/ steel leader), Whiting, White Perch, etc.
    -6lb Seaguar InvisX flourocarbon for Trout and Steelies (only went for steelies once in my life though).
    -8lb and 10lb Suffix Elite on most Bass and Walleye gear.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I like to fish rocky areas. Once that flathead takes off and that PowerPro hits a rock, it's snaps like thread! Plus using braid around the areas I like to fish is automatic snag! I don't snag up and loose a lot of tackle with mono.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    But for walleyes, I use 10lb PowerPro with at least 4 ft of 10lb flourocarbon leaders.

10. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Power Pro all the way.

11. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I started off with spiderwire 65# test and it's held up pretty well so far for me I'm going to reverse it on my reels before spring I use Ande 40# mono as a leader that seems to work for me.

12. Braid usually. Switching to mono for the winter fishing. Picked up some Momoi Blue Diamond Hi-Vis yellow 50lb. Stuff is nice. Very little memory and very smooth. And it practically glows on the reel. Gonna test it out tonight. ;):sigarette:

13. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I only use Power Pro for main line. I use 50# BBG for leaders.

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I use#80 braid for mostly all my cattin.PP,Tuf-line,Berkley Biggame braid,spiderwire.aint too picky.I use a 8-12" mono leader,#60 usually fluro because of its abrasion resistance.

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Put your new beenie on,keep the ol noggin warm!

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Stay warm in your truck...LOL

17. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the Red Lightning Cajun line 20 lb. Leader is 20 lb. trilene xl clear.

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    80# hi-vis yellow power pro w/ 40# big game or big cat mono leader

19. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Wow, From the looks of things so far I'm ill equipped. I spool all my reels with 25lb. Berkley Big Game and snell my circles with 20lb. BBG. Now, I haven't broke the 30lb. cat mark yet but came within a pound of that mark. If you can play the fish and aren't fishing stumps I don't see the need to go that heavy. Just my opinion.:dont-know:

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i fish around alot of structure(fallen trees) and rocky areas and use the heavier lines to horse them outa spots like that or just to keep the fish from runnin me into those areas, plus with snaggy areas its nice to be able to flip those rocks insted of gettin broke off, and actually i can hold more line on my reels with the 80# braid then i can with 25# mono since the braid is the same dia. as 18# mono