Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 17, 2009.

Who is your favorite late night talk show host?

1. Jay Leno

2. David Letterman

3. Conan O'Brien

4. Craig Ferguson

5. Jimmy Kimmel

6. Carson Daly

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Since I don't watch a whole lot of television anymore, some of the only things I catch pretty regularly are late night shows. I really like Craig Ferguson on CBS's "The Late Late Show". My heart kinda lies with David Letterman, but I'm usually still here on the BOC at that time. :big_smile:

IMO, Johnny Carson will always be the king, but this poll regards current late night hosts.

Who's your favorite?

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Letterman is still my favorite. conan and jimmy tied for second. Leno is not good at all, the show stinks as bad as his jokes do.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I agree, been watching Letterman from day one, and Leno, na just not funny to me I guess....... Just have to love Paul and the CBS Orchestra, or "Worlds most dangerous Band" LOL... a true musical genius, lot of people are surprised when they read the back of an album/cd and see his name on it for one thing or another..... Funny thing is that Carson actually wanted Letterman to take his spot, but also told him to make the move and be the next king of Late night.....(read that in a book :wink:) Also think it is pretty amazing this day-n-age how well Letterman stays out of the BS spotlight.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ferguson all the way

5. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    got to go with conan been watching it since i was 13

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We liked Johnny Carson but don't care much for any of the new ones.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Me, too, either :wink:

Besides, I haven't been able to stay up that late since about the time when Johnny was still host! :eek:oooh:

8. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    To me, Jay Leno is the best of the bunch. I guess I'll have to get used to watching somebody else because I don't like Conan. I don't think Conan will last long in Jay's time slot when he takes over that show.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm not a Conan fan either Joey. Craig Ferguson (although he IS a bit risque at times) often makes me laugh my BE-hind off. He's like a l'il kid at times. Uses objects around him as puppets, etc. I think the coolest thing about him is that his monologues are NOT scripted. He goes with the flow. In fact, he tears up all the note cards given to him before an interview with a guest.

IMO, that's :cool2:. Be yourself.

10. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Is he the guy that's on CBS after David Letterman? If it's the same guy that i'm thinking of, you're right, he is pretty good. I'm usually not up that late though. Hopefully, we've cut off the lights and turned off the TV before Jay gets through with his first guest.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

YEP, that's him. He's from Scotland, not that that makes him BETTER to me. I was there in 1979 though, as a teen missionary. Lots of abandoned churches in Scotland at that point, don't know about now.

I have insomnia sometimes. Better to watch Mr.Ferguson than lie there thinkin' 'bout everything and anything. :roll_eyes:

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Leno isn't going anywhere but the 10:00 p.m. slot or that is what I understand unless they changed again he has just been moved up to 10;00 what ever that means, LOL.....

13. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Letterman,,.. The only reason I'd go to new york is to see his show..:smile2::tounge_out::wink:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
  15. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Yes, they're moving Leno to Prime time. However, Conan will take over the current Jay Leno time slot. They're supposed to change up the show. I'm not sure how different it is going to be, i'm just not looking forward to Conan coming on in his spot.

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Letterman has always been my favorite after Johnny gave it up.

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can't earnestly vote for any of the above. I don't stay up late enough to have an opinion of any of them. Where's Steve Allen, Jack Paar...:smile2:

18. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I grew up with Jack Parr and Johnny Carson, so I'm afraid the others don't even rate a vote from me. I've tried watching them, but just can't get interested in any of them...:sad2:

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas

Now Jeb, you have told us your age.
    :smile2:

I had forgot about Steve and Jack.

20. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i voted jay leno but i only watch discover and history channel when im not on the boc