Favorite (Lantern)?

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by lazer20, Oct 10, 2009.

1. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    What is Everyones Favorite Lantern?
    I own a Coleman

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

I use a propane Colman w/yellow globe.. I wish I could find a red globe.

3. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I am also using a coleman.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have colemans also. Good lantern.

5. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    I have 2 Colemans. One propane and one of the old time fill up with fuel and pump it up with air before use.

Ray

6. ~Austin~

~Austin~ New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like the pump up dual fuel ones by Coleman that you can burn gasoline in.

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Hi Mike, thank for the post & welcome to the BOC. I use Coleman lantern(s). My lanterns are rechargeable battery operated with bright-dim & night light mode. I don't like using a light until it is necessary:cool2:

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I have the coleman dual fuel type.I dont use it very much anymore but when I do, I put aluminum foil around the globe so only a little bit of light shines just where I want it.

9. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well it seems unanimous for the coleman lanterns. i also have a coleman its battery operated with a low and high light option. hey i like that foil idea gonna have to try it. tight lines and good times guys

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have accumulated several Colemans over the years and my favorite is over 30 years old and still works like a dream. Stay safe and "beam me up Scotty"!!!:wink:

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Colemans-1 northstar duel fuel and one rechargable florescent.Like my gas job better,I like hearing the bugs fry.:wink:

12. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Jim, I have never seen a yellow globe before. Does it help cut down visibility to the fish? Seems like it might be worse...or no?

I have talked about wanting to find a red globe myself. If you find one, don't be shy...spread the word.:big_smile: I have overworked my brain trying to think of a decent way to make my globe red. Most all my ideas would cause some burning and smells.:big_smile: Still thinking.:wink:

13. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    You could try using Permanent Red Map Markers(army surplus stores, outdoor, tactical gear shops, hobby shops). I use these on all my headlamps, and spot lights to make them a red lens. If you want it off just get a rag full of rubbing alcohal and it comes right off. I've never used it on a lantern but I dont see why it wouldnt work.

14. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    May look a bit ugly, but that might actually work.:wink:

I had actually thought about going to a glass shop and having one custom made. It would probably cost a small fortune though, and if it got broke, it could get to the point of not being worth it. Although, if made thicker then stock, it should last quite some time.

15. 4bratsdad

4bratsdad Member

State:
    illinois springfield area
    i have 3 coleman propane lanterns that i still use for camping, but 4 bank fishing i have dewalt 18v, and i pack an extra battery just in case, ive never seen or heard of rechargable colemans? round here they just have propane/dual fual/ or D battery type, do they work well? i got my dewalt on clearance last year lowes for 30.00, wished i bought2 they are bout 50. regular price, get 4-5 hours per bat, just as bright as propane, easier to pack/carry no heat or glass 2 break

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use a coleman Powerhouse duel fuel, and a coleman propane. Both have "night shields" made out of stainless sheet metal.

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i have 4 colemans 1 propane 2 of the cl-2 s little smaller and a powerhouse dual fuel but i use gasoline in all my gas lantrens aint paying 9.00 bucks a gallon for coleman fuel and i cover half the globe with foil

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  18. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    Same here, My powerhouse is for my use only. I bought it over 26 years ago and have never let anyone lay a hand on it and it's stil in great shape. The other is for other folk's to use when they go fishing with me. it's only about 5 years old and has had two broken lenes and is beat to hell. That's why they don't touch my powerhouse.

19. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Well a couple years ago I would have said my colman propane with electric ignition was my fav,but I bought a coleman electric with duel floresent lights and since I only use mine when needed and not while fishing,I'm a firm believer that lanterns scare off fish,so the electric is nice and don't have to worry about heat,glass globes,fuel,etc. just flip the switch and I got light,when fish is landed a quick flip and it's off again. Sometimes I only take a headlamp and flashlight,and it's all I really need.

20. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use yellow to cut down on bugs:smile2: When I use it I set it off to the side. I have used the foil idea some and it works.