favorite lake..

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kat king, Jul 23, 2008.

1. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    i was just curious to see what everyones favorite lake to fish in kansas to fish is....my favorite would have to be milford lake for its BIG cats..thanks to all who post..:smile2:

2. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    clinton every time i go just about anywere on that lake i catch something decent size mostly the spillway or coon creek and if u want eaters i would put clinton against any other lake in kansas tall order i know i just have to find the biguns in there:smile2:

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Whichever one that the fish are biting at:smile2::smile2:

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    wilson for its great striper fishing and kanopolis for its good channel cat fishing.

5. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    wilson is a great lake for striper my dad and i went to a tourny there a few years ago ended up with a 12 1/2lb and a 9lb but didnt win the biggin that won it was a 43lber man it was nice...i have also caught alot of rael nice channl out of kanopolis under the dam where it goes off to the river..:cool2:..

6. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Antelope for the great channels, plus wipers and saugeyes!!! Plus, it's with 20 minutes of home!

7. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Osage has always been in my heart.:smile2:

8. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    mine is between cheney and el dorado i like cheney because f its big channels,wipers,and walleye:crazy: and i like el dorado for its big white bass,small mouth and crappie :crazy:caught some big fish at both:cool2:. got ma all ma PB's besides blues,channels, and flat head which i caught on the arkansas at flood lol :roll_eyes:

9. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Hillsdale has a ton of giant flathead and it's 12 min to the ramp:wink:

10. CatHusker

CatHusker New Member

State:
    KS
    I'm not very familiar with Hillsdale. Heard its's good, but only tried once and had very little luck. I'm assuming your flatties are coming by boat? I'm a banker for now so I was just wondering if you or anyone have had any flatties there off land?

11. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Yes, mine usually come from boat, but, directly south of antioch ramp is a point, due west from said point is the main channel with alot of cover. You can get to the trees and deeper water from the bank. Also, the south side of the wade branch I have caught a few flatties from the bank. Good luck to ya, they're there, although I haven't been bit by a flattie there for about three weeks, the water temp is going down, they'll be turning on soon.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The only lake in Kansas i've fished is Milford and really liked it.

13. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    middle creek state fishing lake has produced some very nice channels and ive heard there are some nice blues but I haven't ever hit any :confused2:

14. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    cathusker- Hillsdale used to have some nice fish but the large amount of ski boats has kind of killed the action.You can still hit some channels but it is slim pickings.:sad2::sad2:

15. mrtwister

mrtwister New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have always fished Winfield City Lake.
    It's a small lake but has high quality fish and it's not as expensive as a corp lake.:006:

16. channelman

channelman New Member

State:
    Linn Kansas
    I would have to say Milford as it is the only lake that I have much experience with.

17. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    middle creek has alot of good channels miami state lake is also good the mar des cygne runs along its dam and floods into it about every year depositing some nice flats

18. odeman11

odeman11 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Mine would have to be Milford Lake, I really haven't fished anyothers except Geary County State Lake. To the gentlemen that had also put Milford as their personal favorite...how about posting some fishing stories (old or new) and dont forget to tell where on the lake you were

19. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    hillsdale for me it reminds me of fishin with my dad we went there alot