Favorite Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, May 28, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    What is your favorite lake of all .

Mine for fishing is the reservoir in Nashville Illinois . No huge cats in there but alot of 3 to 10 pound channels . It does how ever have huge bass . I caught a 8 pound 7 ounce largemouth that I have on the wall .

My favorite lake for all around family fun ( fishing, hunting , camping etc. Is washington county lake just south of Nashville Illinois .

2. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    My all time favorite cat lake is lake tawokoni texas 2nd would be the cooper spillway when it's flowing

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My favorite Illinois lake is Crab Orchard. Easy access and contains all three species of cat. Some whoppers in there also.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    So far I'd have to say Baldwin is my favorite, followed by Rend and Carlyle. I also enjoy some of the smaller lakes like Washington County in Nashville and the Mascoutah city lake.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Baldwin, hands down. :big_smile:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have never fished Mascoutah lake . Is it any good ?

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    What ever Lake I am on at the time:wink:

BW, that is kind of a bogus answer from you isn't it? Do you ever fish anywhere else? :wink: :smile2: :smile2:

8. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    my familys all around best lake in the state also.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I like Baldwin because I know it has some large fish in it for a lake. It isn't treacherous in terms of obstacles ready to rip your lower unit off. It is pretty clean water in that i do not lose a ton of tackle in from snags while drifting. Oh yeah... I love Baldwin. :big_smile:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well Dang gummit, outa Thanks again, this dumb board

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I forgive you. LOL

12. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    My favorite lake is not really a lake, its a couple of old gravel pits. A couple times a year the gravel pits get flooded by the river. The flood water restocks the pits with some really nice channels and the occasional flathead. I also catch a lot of bass and crappies out of the pits. Unfortunately several years ago they posted the pits no trespassing. Which broke my heart, because most of my best fish came from those pits. About two years ago I caught a nice #38 flathead. The next day I caught an #7 bass and a #1.2 crappie out of the same pit.
    Besides the pits my favorite lake has to be Charleston. I had never bothered to fish there until about a year ago. Its a small lake and I never figured it would be worth my time. The first time I fished it, I caught a nice #11 channel within the first 15 minutes of being there. I have never been skunked there, and I regularly catch channels in the 8-12# range.

13. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    okeechobee down by the south bay area.....hands down best all around fishing hole....in illinois it's hard to say.....outside of the mississippi river....maybe....beaver dam......i'm hoping to put rend lake on the list after next month...:wink:

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    gotta be rend. mostly cause i grew up there. and also because it challenges you and makes you have to think good and hard about where the fish are gonna be before you go out and find em, and when you do, jackpot!

15. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Gotta be Lake Moultrie, (Santee) South Carolina. Only place I have ever caught over 450 pounds in one night on rod and reel.

16. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I would give my vote Rend Lake. There must be a million catfish in that lake.