Favorite Home Remedy?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Jun 12, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I got another bee sting a couple days ago working on a house. It was itching something awful last night while I was on here. My wife came back with some tobacco and put it on the sting and covered it with a band-aid. It didn't bother me at all today. Magic? Maybe! Voodoo? Could be!
    What's your favorite home remedy?

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    For bee stings, I always use meat tenderizer. I works great, takes the pain away withing minutes and the swelling within an hour or so.

Splinters that won't come out, I use a piece of raw potatoe taped over it. By the next day it pulls the splinter out.

Toothache? Well, I aint got any teeth anymore, but most folks I know put a whole clove pressed against the tooth. Cloves are what they make the storebought medicine from.

Headache? Chew on a weeping willow leaf. Aspiran is made or at least used to be made from them.

It's late, I can't remember any more, but I have hundreds of them I have picked up over the years.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    "A little hair of the dog" is my favorite home remedy:lol: :lol:

4. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    its this stuff called jim beam, ya take a high enough dose and you cant tell if your legs are gone

5. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Chicken soup! :big_smile:

Nettle sting? Put mud on it.

Bug bite / sting? Wet tobacco.

Head ache? Pressure points at the base of the skull/top of the spine.

Ear ache? warm olive oil, just a drop in the ear, then plug with a cotton ball.