Favorite Gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by etexun, Oct 11, 2009.

1. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Something someone posted earlier got me to thinking about all the guns I have had since I was a boy. The ones I traded off for a car, motorcycle, dog, horses, ect, and the ones I know have. I was thinking of my favorite one. My favorite one is a pistol I have now. It is a 9mm Browning Hi-Power, Belgium. I could have chosen my 44mag but it is not something you can shoot all day. I guess the only thing I would have changed on it would be to have it be a double stacker. So it will hold more rounds in the magazine. It has Pachmayr grips and they are perfect in my hand. I could have picked my 45ACP Springfield XD or a 9MM Glock. But they just don't have the elegance of the4 Browning.
    What do you guys and gals have for your favorite one?

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a mess of rifles, shotguns, and pistols. My favorite is my first Benelli. Its the original Super Black Eagle that was imported by H&K. Easily 100,000 rounds down the tube from 10 years in South America. Not one shot fired at clay targets or paper. It had taken whitetail deer, brocket deer, white lipped peccary, collared peccary, tagua peccary, 20 species of ducks on two continents, geese, swans, pheasants, quail, turkeys, mourning doves, eared doves, three types of wild pigeons, parrots, perdiz, martineta, pampas fox, coyote, rattlesnakes, yarara snakes, and other stuff I am sure I have forgotten about.

She's kinda rough looking, rib is bent in two places and most of the blueing is rubbed off. Front bead had been broken off for 6-7 years. Receiver is nicked and banged up from never seeing a gun case. Plastic stock has its share of stratches and marks. I doubt if I could find a buyer she looks so rough but I'll never sell it. Luckiest gun I ever shot.......Best of all,,,,,,it has never broken.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Benelli makes a great shotgun. I have always wanted one. I have an Ithica featherlite pump I have had since I was in High School it has been Duck, deer, coon, rabbit, squirrel, hunting too. I but I think I could find a place for a Benelli too. That is a great gun. Thanks for the post.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have an old Savage 745b in 12 guage. Adjustable choke and is an autoloader. I've owned this gun 30 years and still like to shoot it.
    Remington 740, in a 30.06, and autoloader also, hate to say how many deer it's killed. The gun is still tight, and very accurate.
    Later Andy

5. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    The favorite firearm that I use is a Marlin .444 rifle. The favorite firearm that I have is .45 Colt, custom made by John B. Williams, that was an executive of Colt fierarms. He made this .45 for this nephew, Hank Williams Jr, which I purchased in an estate sale several years ago.

6. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Favorite handgun is a colt officers model 1911 in .45 from the colt custom shop , nothing fancy just an enhanced S.S. model.I bought it used from a coworker who wanted something else.It's not to big nor to small, points great and feels like second nature had it almost 12 years now.As far as shotguns and rifle I have lots of favorites that will never be sold unless I am hurting real bad.My favorite .22 is a ruger 7722 with scope , I love to hunt squirrels with.Then again my dads old belguim browning .22 auto that loads in the stock may be my favorite.There is no telling how many bricks of ammo I put through that gun.To tell the truth I never met a gun I didn't like.:wink:

7. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    My fav was is a Rem 2.70 mod. 721 made in 1948 or 49 I bought in 1975 from a older man who said he had purchased it in the early fifty's I've killed many deer,coyotes and about 8 elk with it. Almost all were one shot kills The rifle is now disable permanent and it needs to be melted down But I don't have heart to do it It use to always go hunting with me for over thirty years even after purchasing new ones

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My favorite in the closet is a Winchester model 1885 low wall in 22 long.
    Its not a shooter but it takes me back to a time when hunting was a rite of passage ,not a rich mans game like it has evolved into.

My favorite shooter gotta me my Rem. model 788 in .223

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That 911 is something to hang on to. Nowdays a custom job on a pistol is out of reach for most of us. I had a Marlin 444 back when I was in the military. My money got to low and I had to sell it to a buddy. That little guide gun was really sweet shooter too. Maybe someday I will get another. If mr obama doesn't mess things up for us.

10. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    What is wrong with it? I have a couple of guns that were "Junk" That I revived that are GREAT weapons. One was a Ruger 10/22 that was in a car wreck and the only thing I could save was the trigger assembly and bolt and the other was a Remington 30-06 that was forgotten on the truck and found after it was run over by a tractor in the field. It shoots 1/2 inch groups at 150yds now. If nothing else I may be interested in it for parts if you are interested in getting rid of it for it to live again.
    Is it a 22 or 24 inch barrel?
    Has the trigger been replaced on the recall of the saftey problem?
    I replaced one for a friend and he lost the original trigger, he did not want to send it in because they would keep the original parts and it was his dads gun.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well if we are talking about pistols it would be a tie between my springfield 1911 and my HK .45 USP.Rifle? my rem 700 bdl .270win rifle.

12. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Pistol either my Redhawk in 41 magnum or the Ruger KP90 my wife bought me. Rifle, my 25-06 Sendero.

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    its a new school gun but my mossberg maverick 88 with the fold over tactical butt, and pistol grip..not real useful for hunting but its a hell of a lot of fun and great home defense for the wife..slugs and turkey shot alternating..sometimes you gotta go through the door to get em lol:smile2:

14. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I've got one of those little short Mossberg 12 ga's too. I have a Surefire foregrip on it and it will blind you. I have it for close work. It has an extra 5 shells mounted on the side and a pistol grip. It's all business.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah mine ahs the extra shells, the heat shield and a laser:eek:oooh: need a laser on a shotty haha

16. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That's is so you can put that little dot on em. :smile2:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    oh yeah the police love it

18. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    My favorite rifle is my Ruger 10/22. Reliable tack driver. My favorite pistol is a Smith and Wesson .22 target with a red dot scope. Another tack driver. I don't know if they're actually my "favorites" but they're the ones that I always seem to find the most use for. Of course, since a .22 rimfire is illegal to deer hunt with, I have my H&R .223 as my "official" deer rifle. Head shots are nearly always the "perfect" shot!

19. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    My brother-in-law has one of those 22 Smith and Wesson Target pistols. It is a nice pistol. He keeps his in his tackle box. (Don't ask):big_smile:

20. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ive got several favorites but one I always seem to grab once or twice a year for squirrels n such is a 20ga savage single shot. Dunno the history before I got it but its a hammer gun and my first gun. I'd hate to have to pack out and dress all the game Ive taken with it. Bait for the trapline, grub for the table, it always came thru. Has a notch cut into the reciever that helps with deer slugs, 2 3/4" only. I got it for my 11th birthday.