Favorite fruit

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Jul 14, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Whats your favorite fruit? Mine is watermelon and cantelope with salt and pepper. Whats yours?
    Also.. Does anyone else eat these two fruits with salt and pepper or is that just weird?

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I like bananas and cherry tomatoes right off the vine.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    just salt for me no pepper

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I cant really say I have a favorite fruit,I don't like bananas,but other than that I like most all others. I guess black berry's is close to the top. I like melons with S&P as well as without,just depends on my mood.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like peaches. They are also good on the grill.......

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'll say bananas because we probably eat those more year around. But love just about all fruit. Eat a lot of watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, strawberries, apples, grapes, pineapple, peaches and of course blackberries for cobblers.

I eat salt on watermelon, salt and pepper on cantaloupe. :eek:oooh:
    And the very best cantaloupe come from Pecos, Texas and it's hard to beat Arkansas strawberries. :big_smile:

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like most fruits but apples, orange's, is what I eat the most.. Guess cause I can take them anywhere. Use to grab me a couple apples when going fishing. Made a good snack. Dont eat watermelon much anymore but I still like em. I remember as a kid. We dipped out chucks of watermelon meat , put it on a popcycle stick, freeze em. They sure was good in the summer time. Watermelon popcycle.

I can also set down and eat a bag of seedless grapes and or fresh cherries till my belly hurts.. Love those things.

my wife makes a fresh banana and strawberry little short cakes with wip cream or a banana and black berry with cream cheese pie. Both are cold and good on a hot day

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well, I'm not really much of a fresh fruit girl. I doubt you could name a vegetable I won't eat though.

Tangerines are my favorite, but I'm picky picker.....meaning that I have to get every l'il white fiber off of each segment before I eat them. Therefore, even though I love 'em, I don't eat them often.

So, I guess apples are my choice most of the time.

Up until recently when I learned to like pineapple, tomatoes, and raspberries, the only other fruits I ate were oranges, avocados, and watermelon (with salt, no pepper :wink:). Oh, and lemon/lime juice in tea or another drink.....

I'm always seeing some weird "new" fruit at the store and thinking I should try it, but I never do. :roll_eyes:

Saw the BIGGEST blackberries I'd ever layed eyes on at the farmer's market Saturday. They were as long as my thumb, and bigger around! :eek:oooh:

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    necterines are mine,i use salt on mellons and salt and pepper on cantalopes.

10. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Green apples with a little salt fresh from the tree.

11. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    I'm more of a veggie eater than I am fruit
    But I'd have to say that bananas are my favourite although I do like juicy soft pears from time to time :big_smile:

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I work with a Brit out here, and the other day I got some watermelon and Canaloupe and was hitting it with the salt real good, and he told me I was crazy, that only Americans would salt something sweet.

I had him try some, now every meal he has salted melon........

13. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mine also,my mouth is watering just thinking of it.:big_smile:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the Watermellon with salt and the cantelope with salt and pepper. I also like tomatoes, which is a fruit, with salt on it.

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    WATERMELON,WATERMELON,WATERMELON.

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I equally love watermelon, kiwi and mango when they are perfectly ripe...can't pick a favorite between them. :confused2::smile2:

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    blackberries is my favorite i also like granny smith apples with salt ',pineapple ,strawberries

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Strawberrys are my #1 choice but i like all kinds of fruit. I've eat a ton of muskydines, possum grapes and persimmons in my foraging thru the timber.:smile2: Must be part coon or sumpthing.:crazy:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Okay, I give......what's a possum grape :confused2:? The other two I'm familiar with.