Favorite Fishing Rivers

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by softball434, Nov 26, 2009.

1. softball434

softball434 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have always fished the Tenn Tom waterway. What is your favorite fishing river? I don't know many rivers around here so please post. :big_smile:

2. fichere

fichere New Member

State:
    alabama

3. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    The Tennessee river is my favorite and one of the best in the nation for monster catfish...

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well, I fish the Chattahoochee because it is close. I am going to hit that TN river this december though!! Look out boys, the HillJack is coming

5. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    favorite river is the mississippi
    favorite place here locally is pataula creek. it runs into lake eufaula on the georgia side. excellent fishing in the spring and summer. always has current

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got 2 luv the almighty Ohio River,would like to fish the James sometime before I'm gone.

7. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    GOOD LOOKING BAIT IN YOUR AVITAR

8. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My fishing game has been ON since meeting those 4.Guess you could call them a good luck charm.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im with Jason,
    TN River:wink: In my opinion one of the top and most underrated rivers in the country,, wich is the way I like it,,,:tounge_out:
    Puddle

10. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I worked down there in birmingham for a while. I worked at the gorgas steam plant. I think it was the warrior river. I fished at the hot water out pipe and used to catch some decent size catfish. I didn't live there long enough to really get to know the area.

11. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta

I use to live near Owensboro ( Hawesville )when I was in high school. They did not have anything that looked like that around there back then. Things have changed !!!

12. TensawRiver

TensawRiver New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    The Tensaw River is my favorite north of I-65, also fish a little on the Alabama just north of the forks of the mobile river where the river forks and to the starts the alabama and to the left starts the tombigbee.

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got family down in Opp, Alabama is there any good water around there? That would make for a cheap vacation to get down there with a free stay and such.

14. skipjacks

skipjacks New Member

State:
    arkansas
    While browsing, I was blown away by your avatar smoothkip! What a monster of a fish. Made memories that trip. I guess! Very impressed. Bama fishing looks real good .

15. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    The conecuh river has some good Flatheads in it.
    It's not a very deep river but has some good spots for them flattys

16. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    I'm partial to the wilson dam tailrace, that being said I want to fish the wheeler tailrace this year if I can find someone to show me the ropes so to speak. I am also going to spend some time on wilson lake in the deep water this year hawg hunting. Just want to try to broaden my horizons.