Favorite fishing rigs/ outfits/ boats.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by outdoorX, Jan 26, 2009.

1. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just wanted to get some input on diffrent kinds of ways to make bait presentations so i can try some new things out, Personaly id like to find that one rig that never snags when pitched into the nastiest stuff there is.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Pretty much it's always a Carolina rig with a 50lb leader and a 6/0-9/0 hook. In current I've definitely converted over to the rig with a float on the leader about 6 or 8in in front of the hook. Keeps it up off the bottom a little and adds some attracting power I think. Weight size and type just depends but it's usually either a no-roll or a bank sinker from 3-6oz. I almost never run a 3-way rig and I've only used bobbers for cats a few times with only 1 fish to show for it. Carolina rigs are just simple and they flat out catch catfish.

Oh and good luck on the snagless rig:smile2: Please let me know when ya figure that one out b/c it'll make you a millionaire!!

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    In heavy current i have used a very short leader or none at all. Tie the hook on with a bead and weight. Less swinging in the current means less snaggin.

4. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks wes i think one of these days ill come up with that rig. just goina take some time and maybe a computer chip hooked up to the hook.