Favorite fish recipes

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Rockin' Blues, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    whats your favorite fish recipe,I like a little paprika,pepper and some uncle bucks.:big_smile:

2. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Eat them a bunch of different ways, but have to say fried is the best. The simpler the better too. Tried a bunch of different things and ate them a bunch more but a little cormeal salt and pepper is the best for me.

3. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    A good campsite red catfish stew is hard to beat. No real recipe, just sweat some onions in pork fat add potatos, crushed tomatos, hot sauce and fish. Salt and pepper to taste and serve over a bowl of rice..yum! I put fish in mine from the start and it falls apart to flavor the stew. When it's almost done I'll add some more chunks to finish...tasty.

4. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Have a mess of bluegill, crappie, or cat fillets rinsed & drained.

Take a bowl & add a couple eggs, a big spoon of mayo (I use Miracle Whip), and a can of beer, mix well with a fork (mayo may be alittle lumpy).

Get some Fry Magic (Thats the Brand Name) for fish (from the grocery near the cornmeal), dump it into a large zip-lock baggie, dip the fillets in the bowl, place them in the baggie & shake 'em to coat them, then deepfry them 'till golden brown.

I usually use my turkey cooker & can do large quantities at a time. Dad (who's well over 80) took me fishing as a kid, he's fished ALOT of his years, and claims I make the best fish he's ever had. Had an Aunt last year who said she didn't like catfish, but after eating some of mine, she changed her mind.

Smitty

5. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Heres one that is a sure winner in my household, wife loves it when I cook a fresh catch this way. I seen this in in-fisherman magazine one time and tried it. Ohh and more tequila donmt hurt none, ya know (3 tablespoons for fish 3 shots for cook)

by Chef Lucia Watson

This one's an easy winner that works superbly with catfish, but also is a nice change of pace for walleye, pike, bass, and large crappies. Substitute sweet peppers for the jalapenos for a less fiery taste.

To serve two . . .
    two 6- to 8-ounce fillets
    1 Roma tomato, diced
    1/4 onion, minced
    2 jalapeno chilies, cut into rounds
    2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    2 tbsp. lime juice
    2 garlic cloves, mashed
    1 tbsp. tequila (optional)

Combine all of the ingredients except the catfish. Place the catfish on a lightly greased baking sheet and spoon the tomato chile mixture over each catfish. Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and flaky. Serve with black beans and guacamole.