Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To borrow a saying from another member "they all sound the same while fryin in hot oil" So, what is your favorite for eatin?
I like channel cats the most but I won't let any get away till I'm full! LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Perch , LM Bass , Bluegills , Crappie and Bullheads

the only catfish i eat up here is from a resturant ...

the 2 channels i got this summer will be the first from a farm pondbut i havent eaten them yet

mike

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's hard to beat walleye , but crappie comes close! I've ate more than my fair share of catfish. Grampa was a commercial fisherman, so we never wanted for fresh fish.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
i thought we had already solved this one - LOL
dead ones that have been cooked......in all seriousness, i like all cats - i do believe it helps to bleed them (cut off the tail first) and clean them...i have found that fish that don't get cleaned soon seem to have a gamey taste

·
Banned
337 Posts
Walleye, channel cats and bluegill. I've never tried crappie though I'd like to. I'd have to catch ones big enough first, and therein lies my problem LOL.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Walleye is definatly a great fish to eat. Grandpa used to go up to Lake Erie on trips and bring a ton back for a cookout every year. I like Ocean Pearch as well, great for fish frys. That is what they use around here for local fish frys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Flathead Is by far the best eatin' Because theres a lot of meat on them and all of the meat is white meat. Because all they eat is live bait unlike channels who eat dip bait and all of that other crap off of the bottom. Although channels are my second favorite fish to eat. They are good to as long as you eat the white meat only. They are not quite as good as flatheads though. Just my oppinion

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sturgeon is one of the best tasting fish I have eaten then, in my opinion, a flathead about 2 pounds is hard to beat!..unless it is followed by homemade hushpuppies! :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Saltwater- snapper, grouper, flounder, whiting, all the saltwater fish are good.

Freshwater-crappie, channels and flatheads, trout

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.