favorite fish attractant

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Apache Flats, May 25, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    What is your favorite fish attractant for bass? Company and flavor!!!!! My so far is yum ''shad flavor'':wink:

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Team Catfish Dead red Blood Spray

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've used several over the years and prefer "Smelly Jelly". I don't know for certain that it increases the bite, but i do feel it makes the fish hold the bait longer so I can get a hook set. Also, it makes a plastic or gig slide over cover easier. I use the bass feast in crawdad flavor. It has a lil glitter in it and plain stinks. Works well and i won't fish plastics without it.:cool2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kickin Bass in the shad.

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use Bang in the crawfish scent.

6. secondchance

secondchance New Member

State:
    Topeka
    I use commercial products, but lately I have improvised with equal success. I like anchovies on my pizza and I save the oil from the tins. It is usually vegitable or olive oil, but is very satly and fishy. I put it in an old pill bottle and keep it in my tackle and then just dip the lure or worm. It doesn't appear to go rancid, maybe all the salt.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I personally haven't used any that have been worth the $$$.:confused2:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If you know how to present the baits properly (right color, right lure, right spot and, right time) you won't need the attractants. These products are designed to catch fishermen's dollars. I have yet to see solid proof that they actually work.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me too JW, Me too!!! Some of the sprays I've used I actually think they ran the fish off......:confused2:

10. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Is not the purpose of using a scent more or less to take the human scent off the lure or whatever you are using??:confused2: