Favorite Dip Baits

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Catman 1964, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Can you guys give me some suggestions on your favorite Dip Baits. Also what dip worms do you prefer. Thank you for any help take care and GOD BLESS.

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't use them very often, however I have used a few at times. Danny Kings and magic bait have produced a couple of fish for me. I have some secret 7 and can't wait to try it when the water warms up, although after watching team catfish's video on using secret 7 in cold water, I may have to try it sooner.

I like the idea of team catfish's furry thing. It looks like the bait will get caught up in the loops and stay on there very well. I think the material is the same as in the looper rigs. I don't like using treble hooks, so the furry thing and looper material works great.

One thing i've noticed when using dip/punch baits, is to use a smaller hook than you normally would with live bait.

3. espressokev

espressokev New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sonny's super sticky blood and original. Original seems to work better in the spring until the water warms up. Secret 7 performed well last year when we tried it. Not quite as good as the super sticky blood though.

My dad makes our worms out of surgical tubing and a leather punch. We're of the opinion that color doesn't matter when you're dip- baitin' it.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City

I have to agree with you there, add in Wicky Sticky, Doc's, and Sonny's.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Seceret 7 is a spocncer. Check out Team Catfish under the sponsors section. i got some and it come with the bait holders:wink: It is good:wink:

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    My dad makes our worms out of surgical tubing and a leather punch. We're of the opinion that color doesn't matter when you're dip- baitin' it.[/quote]

That's exactly what I do & I'm with you on that, color makes no difference:wink:

7. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    secret 7 with the 4/0 jackhammer hook and the mini furry thing all from team catfish

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's exactly what I do & I'm with you on that, color makes no difference:wink:[/QUOTE]

With the plastic worm dyes on the market today one can dye the surgical tubes any color he wants also.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Secret-7 hands down....I make my own bait holders.

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    jim i just won alot of magic bait by entering the contest area because im a star member.when i get it i will let you know bro

11. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Secret 7 followed by Sonnys blood formula. I have caught a ton of fish on Sonnys and I just started using Secret 7 today and the fish were NOT biting but I still managed to catch a 12 pound blue. Really good stuff. The fish hit the Secret 7 and they wouldn't even touch the live or cut bait. :confused2:

12. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Secret 7 is the best.
    I have tried others and a lot of the dough bait as well. Secret 7 is outperforms the ones I have tried.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would suggest you carry more than one type of bait on each trip out. There are days that they prefer one over another. If you are fishing a familiar lake and you know they hit a certain bait then you know the answer. I carry Sonny's (Blood), Catfish Charlie (Shad) Hoss Hawg, and have just added Secret 7 to my list. If shad are skipjack are available then I start with it. Garlic Shrimp is also a plus.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I totally agree with mickey,you have to have a variety no question about it.what they hit on one day they wont touch the next,so you have to have a varity to offer them so you can find out what there in the mood for that day.Theres some places i go where i know its a waste of time to take certian baits cause for some reason in that body of water they wont touch it.
    The more you fish your waters you get a feel of what to use and what to leave at the house.

15. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    dude magic bait is coming on strong watch out