favorite catfishing rod???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, Jun 13, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    i was just trying to see what everyones favorite rod is.. my favorite is the eagle claw granger ocean 2... ive seen alot of tiger rods and quantum big cats (which i saw one snap at the handle as my buddy was pulling in a stick).... but i was wondering if anyone used different stuff that they like a lot....

2. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Berkley Glowstick.... not only is it tough as nails, but it even glows in the dark and has battery operated LED lights inside it.... when it gets dark and you flip on the LEDs it looks like a lightsaber from Starwars... how cool is that!!!:cool2:

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    When I'm on my boat I use 8' Meathunter Extreme Hvy Action. On the bank or at the dam I use a 14' Fenwick Med Hvy action.

Welcome to the BOC

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like my "uglies" but CatfishSafari flatheads are fast gaining my respect. Stay safe and enjoy the moment!!!

5. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like Big Cats alot.I've never had any problems at all with them and they've hauled in some bigguns for me

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i drift and bottom bounce from a boat so i like a short stiff graphite rod. i use the bass pro shops graphite series musky rod in 6'3" x-hvy. under $50 and will handle the big ones

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a couple of 9' catmaxx poles I like. I just got an American Spirit night stick it seems nice. I have not caught a fish on it yet but they seem really good for the cost.

8. all_4_Flatcats

all_4_Flatcats New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I use Ugly Sticks, Shakespeare,Tiger rod, Eagle Claw, and that Bill Dance River Combo sold at Bass Pro Shop (BD River Combo $69.00 Tough Rod / Reel holds a lot of 80lbs test also has super loud clicker).

But all in all I'll use anything to catch a fish. I'll use Twigs,vine, with anything sharp and curved for a hook or my bare hands if I had too.

I may not be a country boy like Hank Williams Jr. but, I can work all day long and I can catch catfish from Dusk til' Dawn a city boy can survive...

I can skin a buck and run Trout Line a city boy can survive...

LoL!!! Having a little fun....

P.s. I can't skin a buck ( I would just eat the whole thing if I was hungry enough. LOL!!!) but I can run a Trout Line.
    hell i've never been hunting...

9. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I use the Ugly Stick Catfish rods. So far so good. :smile2:

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i have been using master rods most of my life now,with a few silstars thrown in once in a while.i have a 12 foot master custom striker i could almost throw a bowling ball with.i have a couple of them in 9 foot also,love em.

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    those are great rods and have 2 of them along with an 8', i paired them up with shimano baitrunners and for the price they hold up great:wink:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    12 foot american spirit nite stick I have 4 of thease

12 foot ugly stik big water I have 2 of thease

10 foot american spirit nite stik pro I have 2 of thease

7 foot ugly stick catfish rods I have 12 of thease

quantum big cats. I have 7 of thease.

thease are the rods I currently have, I maiinly use the 12 foot nite stick rods.

13. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hawg seeker and a couple big game berkley rod. a lot cheeper and problem free so far, shane

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I like some of my custom rods, but I still like the ugly sticks I have. Cheap, been through hell and back and still good enough to land a 50#+ blue.

15. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wildcat products king kat supremes!

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Black 7 foot uglys for channels-- Medium action
    White 7 foot uglies for flats-- Medium heavy action

17. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    my favorite is a 9 ft heavy action nite stick with an abu 7000 or the abu 6600ld, i switch them on and off, i like it for long cast from shore and in the boat for being able to keep big fish away from the prop and anchor lines

18. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    the reason i was asking is because i just got a new shimano tekota 600 and i wanna put it on a good rod thats priced decent so i think ill prolly put it on a tiger rod... my plan is to catch a world record but in the mean time ill have a good looking combo hahahhaha

19. creed

creed New Member

State:
    ky
    Berlkley E-Cat #4, my favorite by far. Hard to find anymore......

20. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Ugly Stick Tiger Lite is my favorite so far, HVY Action, 14-40 lb. I put 100lb braid and a Abu 6500c3 It' casts great with any weight too.