favorite catfish river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by misterwhisker, Dec 17, 2008.

favorite cat river

1. Ohio river

2. Scioto river

3. Muskingum river

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    which is your favorite cat river and why? for me its the scioto river and big flatties

2. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Muskingum has some sea monsters hidin in there.:eek:oooh:
    HOw big do Flatties get in the Scioto?I've heard of 50#s

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i am going outside the box here what about the great miami river my favorite river should have been mentioned rick

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going with the Muskingum River as my favorite cat river. I have fished other smaller rivers that I really like well also, even for some big flatheads. The Ohio River falls right in there behind the Musky though for me. And if I lived closer to it, I would definetely fish it more than the Muskingum. rollo

5. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Can't really say in those 3 but in my opinion the Maumee puts them to shame.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was waiting for your arrival Joe:big_smile:... im gonna grab a beer, and sit back to listen to em now! I bet many don't even know theres flatheads in there..... rollo

7. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    That's fine with me. Don't want em to look at the pics I post to close or they'll be heading my way come spring.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you might wanna take them pic.s down and change the avatar to a big ole walleye! speaking of which.... I may have to come up there mid to late may to chase some of them eyes with ya for a weekend!!!:roll_eyes::wink: rollo

9. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    April is better for the walleyes. If you want to make the trip sometime I can give you fishing reports and set up something when the the time comes. Mid to late May and we start catching white bass. A good day of white bassing you can get as many as you want to catch or till it wears you out. Make a day of walleye or white bass then hit a honey hole I got for flats at night.

10. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well now lets see it ....got pics

11. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Been posting them for 2 years, you can do a search of the Maumee or me and get em.

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh

statred to get a little scared of his post til i seen this last sentence.so,i guess the day of walleye and white bass fishing is for bait??:eek:oooh::big_smile:

from the pics of joes fish,the maumee should be very close to the top three rivers imo

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, the Maumee is overlooked I think because of the Lake Erie influence. The Maumee around here is known for the spring walleye run, and the others, not flatheads... I dunno how much pressure it gets on the flatheads, but it obviously is a top notch river from what i have seen. And i wasn't joking... The Maumee River is on the schedule for trips this next season! rollo

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,yeah,i wouldn't mind getting into the walleye run myself,it sure does look and sound like a lot of fun.

15. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Ohio river no doubt about it. it is the river you can spend a long time getting to, but Man do the flatheads swarm in it.
    best night of fishing ever in my life was just sotuh of froked run state park right smack in between wets vigrinia and ohio and slayed the big flats, it is still the most rewarding night of fishing I ever had.

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to boc

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with Joe, the Maumme puts all other rivers in Ohio to shame when it comes to numbers, and sizes of flatheads.

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    say again...:crazy: i eyes most be ..well hell they are going bad

19. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    and there goes another set of eyes:eek:oooh:

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :eek:oooh:HEY YOU AL LEFT ME OUT .....SIPPI SHES THE ONE:cool2:.....I'd love to hit your home turf sometime though...ya all have some good fishing:big_smile: