Favorite Beer?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SkiMax, Oct 25, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Just wondering what everybody's favorite beer is. I am sure alot of you don't drink so I guess yours would be Root Beer :lol:

Mine is Budweiser...
    Although Blue Moon is growing on me

2. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    personally i prefer a ice cold busch but bud light is a close second my first beer was a stag i took from my grandfather when i was seven or eight i did not drink another beer till my late teens that stag is horrible

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    seeing as im a teenager and most of us these days have or do drink im gonna answer this.. keep in mind i do not drink often and it is in fact with my father because he sees me as man enough and responsible enough to have 1 or 2 beers with him now and then! but my favorite is bud light because thats all ive drank. im prolly gonna get some negative comments about this but just know that i am probably the most responsible kid in my grade almost because im sure that all of their dads wouldnt trust them to drink! and atleast im not like most kids and deny doin it in the first place because im not ashamed with it, i dont see a problem with havin a few beers now and then with my old man. but thats me

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I haven't had a bad Abbey beer yet.
    I'm some what of a beer conniseur, obviously it's not going to be an Anheiser Busch product or any other Domestic rice brewer.

My beer during the week ranges from Shiner Bock, Shiner Hefeweizen, 60 minute Dogfish Head, Hop Devil, to a few naturals or busch lights to fill in.

On the weekends, the real beer comes out. You'll find me drinking beer from corked bottles. Beer brewed by monks, or any number of brewers of real beer domestic or foreign but mostly foreign.
    There are few brewers in the states that brew real beer. There are many microbrews that have the right idea but they arent big enough to market it widely.
    So domesticly you cant go wrong with Victory Beer, Ommegang Brewery, Craft Brewers , and a few others.

I've threatened to become homeless move to Bavaria and hold a sign on the street that says, Will work for beer.
    Some awesome beer comes out of that part of the world.

5. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    my favorite is probably fosters or lablatt blue when i can afford them. normally i drink mgd light with a piece of lemon in it. i have a friend that has a home micro brewery and his pale ale is 2nd to none. who am i kiddin? ill drink any beer thats ice cold lol!

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i used to drink every day back when i was in my 20's it was a problem , hard to pay the bills when every dime went to beer . i quit drinking when i got married the 1rst time , but now 18 years later i enjoy a beer once in awhile :lol: i say that but its been several months since i had one when i did it was a rolling rock not bad tho , but i could see myself making a problem of it so i dont drink that often .

7. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Mark, there is a microbrew out of Bloomington, IN that is trying to extend. It is called Upland. If you ever get the chance to try it, do! it is phenomal.

Wil-I agree, there is no problem with a little drinking IMO as long as it is done responsibly. When i was underage I always told me parents if i was going to be drinking at a friends house. There motto was it is safer to know where I am then be out sneaking around and driving around drunk. Just keep your head on your shoulders (sounds like u won't have a problem with that)

8. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    budweiser but dont drink much now that i got a dui 2 weeks ago.

9. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    four little letters spells a gold medal winner to me
    STAG!!!

10. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i was a molson man dont drink much anymore

11. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Man, i've been to Wheeling. If the fish aren't biting there aint nothing else to do but drink, lol

12. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Miller Lite every once in a while. :wink: Nothin stupid though. My keys hit the "locked" bag.

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    michelob michelob michelob

wouldn't let me put 1 word

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, I about fell out:lol: :lol: :lol: .....I never got any farther....i dont analyze my beer that much but I like the mexican beer, I had it once or twice and it was good, Sol. I rarely drink though, but Bud Lite is alright, if I have hot wings. :tounge_out:

I aint picking on ya Mark, but that just got me. Still laughing:big_smile:

Wil you drinking now will lead to other stuff later, watch it..ok....Been there hun, Just cause Dad says it Ok, dont make it alright. Hope ur responsible as you say you are. We like ya, we want ya around!!!

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I used to make my own beer.A good beer with silt in the botton of the bottle.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Amy, the proper term would be Abbey beer.
    Monks basicly live off the land, if they dont grow it they dont eat it.
    One thing that makes their beer top notch is their brewing techniques.
    Open vatting. Some Abbeys have open vats with glass roofs over them. When they open the glass panels pollen from trees they have growing or plants is able to enter the brew process imparting different flavors or flavoring. They are fermented or refermented in the bottle as many good beers are.
    The other thing is how they manage and "protect" the glutens ( a type of protein) through the brewing process. The results are a beer with alot of flavor. Flavor that you can taste the different ingredients in the makeup and that head that comes with pouring a glass. After the beer is given a chance to roll the head takes on a craggy granite look. When you see that, you know you have pulled the cork on a good bottle of beer.

My favorite to date is Maredsous 8. The 8 is 8% alcohol. There is a Maredsous 10 also.
    A simple Google search will show the bottle. Most often it comes in a 750 ML bottle . Same size as a bottle of wine. It corked and wired like champagne. It sells for around 8 dollars a bottle.

17. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My favorite "beer" is ginger root and of course root beer

18. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
  19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A Trappist beer is basicly what Kosher is to the Jewish community.
    A Trappist beer has to be brewed within the walls of an abbey.
    I pulled the cork on a 15 dollar bottle of Trappist at the National gathering.
    It has a unique flavor often equated to a saddle blanket.
    I dont get that out of it. I equate it to muskiness but not real musky.
    In other words all the ingredients work together instead of one ingredient standing tall and screaming Me! Me! Me!

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    These beers arent best served cold, slightly chilled imparts the flavor.
    Even Shinerbock, the American brewed Bavarian beer is alot better slightly chilled then ice cold. Ice cold it has a metallicly flavor. Slightly chilled its an entirely different taste.