Favorite band

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i was listenin to some of my music not too long ago and i thought id see what the rest of the family listens to! i listen to country and a lot of rock. with rock i prefer the older stuff like acdc, van halen, boston ect. but i do like some of the middle ranged rock of this day. if anyones ever heard of Avenged Sevenfold they are my favorite band right now, with country i like toby keith and brad paisley and all those good ones! let me know what YOU listen to

2. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i will listen to almost anything exept rap music ( if it can even be called music ) but right now i am listening to pantera and dirks bentley alot but my fav. band right now would have to be disturbed

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't think I could name one favorite my taste in music varies to much from day to day and mood to mood.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't but one band worth listenin to.

ZZ TOP!

5. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I listen to the exact music you named wil......and yeah avanged sevenfold is a pretty good band.....my favorite in rock would have to be Guns-n-Roses.....and my favorite in country would be....Toby keith....but country is what i listen too the most!

6. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    lynyrd skynyrd, ac/dc, molly hatchet,blackfoot,steve earl

7. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I will listen to about anything but my fav would have to be Metallica

8. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

If I had to pick a band you would like, George, it would DEFINATELY be zz top, lol!

I listen to alot of different stuff but Rock is my favorite. My favorite band is Shinedown. It always was System of a Down-but they split up. But i also really like Breaking Benjamins, Coldplay, Hinder. I like classic rock too CCR is great and we listen to them alot while partying.

9. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    all time favoret band
    DEF LEPPARD

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    all time favorite BLACK OAK ARKANSAS
    nowadays and still playin RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Music..this is a top I could literally spend all day on.

I mostly favor hard rock, 3 Doors Down, Godsmack, Nickleback, Chevelle, Audioslave, Disturbed, Def Leppard brings back some fond memories, Mudvayne, Tonic, Theory of a Dead Man and Hinder is really getting to me now too, Love their new song Lips of an Angel, in country....Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Shania Twain, George Strait, Sara Evans, Josh Turner, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, Shelly Fairchild, Vince Gill. Some older music I like Pure Prairie League (sp? I think thats the name of the band), Blackfoot, REO Speedwagon, and Whitesnake..gosh the list could go on and on. I can listen to just about anything but rap. NOT a rap fan at all. Maybe R&B...but no ghetto rap stuff :crazy:

But Id have say, Godsmack is our most played CD's Ever!!!

Thanks Wil:cool2:

12. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    I have to agree with George but I can be caught listening to many other artists as well.

13. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I would have to say Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Doobie Brothers, Led Zeppelin, some Guns N Roses, a little bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival, OH And MOST DEFINATELY The Eagles!!!

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    mudvayne,metallica,korn,pantara,and nickel back to name a few

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    okay Im going to list 10 of my fav bands.not in order cant be done.mind you some of these groups are older then most of Y'all. here goes.Bob Seger,Santana,Sly and the Family stone,Grateful Dead,Eagles,Canned Heat, Rare Earth, Grand Funk,The Stones, and umm hmmm? ohh yeah A group called the Beatles.WoW I could keep going but these are some that I listen all the time.Some of them are just in my head.:cool2: smokey

16. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

I think it's funny to name Disturbed and Sara Evans in the same sentence for music choice but I have to agree with you cause thats the music I listen to...just depends on my mood....

17. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My #1 favorite has been and still is AC/DC. I listen to alot of other stuff to, but they are the best in my book!

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    im not much for the band thing for me its gotta be HANK SR.but JR will do in a pinch the more hardcore honkytonk country the better i do listen to both kinds of music though country and western

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My all time favrites Asleep at the wheel FAb. ThunderBirds 3 Paul Revere and the Raiders:cool2:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    All kinds of rock and what some people consider metal.

I really love a lot of the older stuff, but also like a lot of new bands. My dad is in the music business, has rock and metal bands almost every night at his club, has had a few pretty big ones like Nantucket, and soon LAguns is playing at my dads place, he booked System of a down before they were big and they cancelled on him.:sad2:

Some of my favorite bands old and new are.... Rush, Pink Floyd, Avenged Sevenfold, Deadsun, Burnseason, System of a Down, Disturbed, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Kansas, Foriegener, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Agents of the Sun, Jimmies Chicken Shack, Yes, Tool, Pennyroyals, the list goes on, but those are some of my favorites.