Favorite Baits and when do they work best?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by TheIrishApprentice, Nov 20, 2006.

1. TheIrishApprentice

TheIrishApprentice New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey guys, I know my favorite bait is cut chicken breast but I was wondering. What are ya'lls favorite baits and in what kind of conditions do they work best? Thanks.
    TheIrishApprentice

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    live zebras...

but really, whenever i kill a deer during deer season, ill use whatever scrapes i can and try to go catfishin while there still warm. cut some deer guts up and its like a 4 course meal to cats. but if its not deer season then ill use chicken livers or gizzards. also i use gills or any kind of baitfish i can get my hands on.

3. UK_fisherman

UK_fisherman New Member

State:
    Kent, UK
    Not sure how well they would work there but here in the UK hulibut pellets work well for catfish.

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I will use shrimp soaked in vanilla. Works great all year round.

5. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    I Use Blugills,chubs Israeli Carps,yellowbellies,nightcrawlers,shiners,goldfish,alot Of Different Homemade Baits I Couldnt Even Name Em All But Most Of My Homemade Baits I Got Off Of This Site.

6. musky76

musky76 New Member

State:
    il
    ive never used chicken breasts do they work well and do u catch big fish with it
    \

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Going to find out this spring, a stateside carp company was able to finally get some imported pellets imported. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:
    Will

8. bushwack

bushwack New Member

State:
    missouri
    fresh live shad for flatheads on the mississippi river here,, works great all year,, thats all ill use

9. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    If you are fishing in a really muddy river or pond Goldfish work real good. They shine better than any other bait that I have used. Now if it is not to muddy some shad or minnow will do just fine. And of course the always famous chicken gizzards.

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Does chicken breast work well? Do you soak it in anything?