Fathers Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Jun 4, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I know it's a bit early but maybe this will get ya to take Fathers day a bit more serious. I have noticed a trend in this country that really breaks my heart.
    Did you know that there are an estimated 374,000 homes in the U.S.A. that have children going through life without a father. Most of wich are because of drugs, alcohol and devorce.
    The United States has more prisons than any other place on the planet and ALL of them are overcrowded. 90% of these inmates come from broken and neglectful homes that either did'nt have a father in them or the male role model was of a negative nature.
    This country spends MILLIONS each year trying to rehabilitate these inmates but does and spends little trying to keep our youth from becoming an inmate.

I for one am a survivor of an abusive childhood, and have grown up to become a loving and caring father of my kids. We need to be more thankful for the fathers who are good hearted and try to be an example to the fathers who are walking a crooked path in life.
    It,s time we held the DAD,S in this country up to a higher level and be thankful for the hard work and sacrifices they make. There is no perfect father but the lord himself, but if we walk the right walk and raise our kids to be good people......then maybe some of these prisons will become of no use.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL FATHERS..!

PROVERBS 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go:and when he is old, he will not depart from it...............God Bless.

2. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Just needed to make a correction. It was'nt 374,00 homes, it was over 23.6 million children that dont have a father in there life on a daily basis.....unreal!

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    mine has been gone for 12 years. he wasnt real good, but he wasnt real bad either. he taught me how to fish and play guitar. and im sure he wouldnt mind me saying i have outdone him on both by my own accord.